Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone had a Garmin repaired out of warranty? Worth it or just buy a new one?
  • Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

I’ve had my Edge 500 for over two years now, and its finally stopped connecting to the computer.

I’ve put it in a bag of rice for a day to dry it out, then cleaned out the USB port with contact cleaner, re-installed all the Garmin software on my computer, tried multiple computers / USB cables, USB ports. All to no avail.

So, anyone sent theirs back to Garmin out of warranty? How much did it cost and how quickly did they turn it around? Interested in any experiences really, as if its going to take a month and cost a lot, i’ll just get a new one.

Dogsby

Chris,

I sent my 800 back after it malfunctioned and failed to connect to my computer. It was out of warrenty and they replaced it with a reconditioned one. Give Garmin a call and see what they say.

Dogsby

gee
    Free Member

Hi

Yep – they are excellent. I dropped my 4 year old Forerunner 405 and smashed the screen. £80 for a new one – as in a new unit, not a new screen.

GB

mudshark
    Free Member

I have trouble connecting mine and think maybe it’s because of corrosion, I manage to connect by pulling the cable out a fraction from the unit.

cheers_drive

They have a great crash replacement program just give them a email / ring

vondally
    Free Member

Replacement edgethis sept 68pounds…excellent service

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Great, that’s really good to hear. I’ve had a couple things replaced under warranty by them before, and they’ve always been excellent.

I’ll give them a ring in the morning and see what they say.

leffeboy

Replacement 705 after an otb. 90 quid to get it working as new. Top

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had a Garmin repaired out of warranty? Worth it or just buy a new one?’ is closed to new replies.