Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anyone had a black On-One nicked in Bristol?
  • woody74

Saw a blatantly nicked black On-One with gold decals, white forks in Bristol on Friday. Couldn’t quite see all the details but it looked like a medium frame with Fox of Rockshox’s forks.

If its yours drop me an email as I know where it is currently residing.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Good spot and well posted on here if it has been stolen, but without wanted to play devils advocate and also more out of curiosity how do you know it was blatantley stolen..

If someone gets their bike back then well done mate

joeydeacon
    Free Member
    woody74

Ron jeremy.

Well it looked stolen to me as On-Ones are not a mainstream brand so only really known about by mountain bikers. So seeing a kiddy riding on his heels with this knees hanging out in the normal scally fashion in the part of town I work is certainly an odd site. The bike looked pretty new to me and bike, location, style of riding, type and age of kid just didn’t hang together. I could well be wrong but an One-One around here!!!! hmmmm

woody74

joeydeacon

Good find but it had white forks and pretty sure it wasn’t a single speed, well that didn’t jump put at me as obvious. The kid riding it just didn’t seem the type who would be swapping forks.

woody2000

Every time one of these posts pop up, someone ALWAYS[/u] asks – “how do you know it was nicked”. And every time there’s a stolen bike thread, people always say – ” hope you catch the feckers and get your bike back”.

So, what’s it to be? People keep their eyes open and report it on here in whatever way they see fit, or keep schtum and no-one gets their nicked gear back?

In my experience, if it looks like sh*t and smells like sh*t, then it’s probably sh*t.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Woody I wasn’t questioning or calling the judgement into question reason I asked was purely to try and keep myself informed, I agree with if it looks like sh** etc,

Hopefully I’ll be able to spot what looks like a dodgy bike if I see one, and assist if possible in reuniting it with its owner

woody74

Ron jeremy. All cool, your right to ask as I thought about it myself, was I stereo typing. On this occasion I think not.

binners

how do you know it was nicked

Seriously? It really boils my piss this whiney, middle class, hand-wringing, lets-not-go-jumping-to-any-rash-conlclusions crap.

Last time I posted a dodgy looking scrote on an unlikely bike thread on here, I had an email within 5 minutes, saying ‘That’s my bike’. It’d gone missing less than a week earlier. I gave them all the details, and the police contacted me. They retrieved CCTV footage from where I’d seen it, but the quality wasn’t good enough to get a positive ID, so unfortunately no collar felt, and no bike returned 🙁

In my experience, if it looks like its nicked, then that’s because it is!!!

Leku
    Free Member

Woody – keep up the good work.

Mine are still missing…

[/url]
    IMGP3550 by jh_buchanan, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]
    IMGP3281 by jh_buchanan, on Flickr[/img]

MrAgreeable

I run the stolen bikes website linked to above. I’ve recently had talks with the police about bike crime in Bristol, and the short of it is: they really want people to report stuff like this.

They are heavily reliant on intelligence from the community, they don’t mind following up vague leads, and they will usually be able to tell very quickly whether someone’s the legit owner or not.

Thieves swapping parts used to be rare but it’s getting more common.

I’d report. There’s no chance you’ll be done for “wasting police time” and there’s always the non-emergency number (101) if you’re worried about tying up a 999 operator – although someone riding a suspected stolen bike could probably be considered a crime in progress.

woody74

Leku – Ohh thats a bad bunch to get nicked, that must have been painful. I will keep my eyes open as I work in Easton and what ever people say about how lovely it is, there’s certainly a fair amount of dodgy looking bikes around these parts.

woody74

Mr Agreeable, I’ll drop the Police a line, any idea who is a good contact?

Leku
    Free Member

It happened 2 1/2 months ago and still hurts.

The bits that really annoy are the Hope Mono Mini, which was a birthday present from my wife 8 years ago. It was my first ever disc brake. And the saddle on the Yeti which I won in a Yeti tribe meet raffle (and have never won anything in my life).

MrAgreeable

If you get given a choice, ask to speak to the Priority Crime Team at Southmead. They know bikes and they know a lot of the local house burglars.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I know the riding style you describe and I would suspect the same thing if i saw that on a well specced bike. I also would not mind the police asking me questions about my bikes. Even if I don’t have the receipt I can describe them in detail, and name the parts without looking. Someone who’s come by a nicked bike probably won’t know its an On-one 456, or a 456 On-one.

DCW
    Free Member

Hi Woody

It could be mine. It is I who had an Orange 5 and On One stolen in August last year.

Have sent you an email.

Drew

edlong
    Free Member

I also would not mind the police asking me questions about my bikes.

I did laugh once when I got stopped by plod when I was out on my Decathlon Rockrider, wearing Rockrider branded helmet, Rockrider branded gloves, Rockrider branded shoes, and Rockrider branded shorts.

Is this your bike?

Whatdyou reckon Officer?

mountaingorilla
    Free Member

Had a disco black inbred nicked a while ago from the shed/garage in Filton. It had white revs taken down to 110mm – brown superstar nano pedals etc. Would be interested to know where you saw it.

woody74

mountaingorilla

I saw it in Easton near Stapleton Road. Drop me an email and I’ll give you all the details. I have now also reported to the police.

andyl
    Free Member

I quite often trawl through the Bristol stolen bikes website after spotting bikes that don’t seem to match their owners.

Have reported a few to the above police that I have had concerns about on Gumtree when looking for bikes for friends.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had a black On-One nicked in Bristol?’ is closed to new replies.