Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • anyone got / used a mio 505 / 315 or Bryton rider 60?
  • ed34
    Free Member

Am after a gps that does mapping.

I know garmin 810 is an obvious choice but i wasnt that impressed with it, its ok but seems to have had a lot of bugs,and screen seemed a bit ‘grainy’ especially when using Ord Surv maps.

Started lookng at alternatives and the Mio 315 / 505 or Bryton Rider 60 seem interesting. Mio 505 has more reviews but doesnt do ordnance survey mapping which i’d like. Bryton rider 60 does OS 1:50k mapping but cant find many reviews in English! Seems popular in europe though.

So anyone got any experiences with either of these?

antigee

Mio 500 here

good turn by turn, good at picking quieter roads, easy to set up screens, multiple bike profiles that link to type of road/track – even if have to call my cx/gravel adventure bike a Hybrid to get routes including rail trails, the surprise me thing actually works very well.

got because here in Aus’ comes with openstreetplan and that includes shared path/railtrail/cycle lane info that think you have to fudge around to get onto a garmin

downside – serious problems with the online site and synching using a cable rarely works – this has been a known problem for some time with no fix. wifi does work well but not if on a cheap skate middle of nowhere holiday, battery life seems less than advertised more like 6hrs, get a random must restart error message every 2 hourts or so, unlike garmins little in the way of forum support, magellan respond promptly but the only answers I’ve had haven’t proved useful
    – if I hadn’t ended up moving and not being able to find the receipt would have sent back

Seamus
    Free Member

I have a Mio 505. Navigation is very good using OSM maps and I have no issues with recording tracks or syncing with Strava, I don’t really use the Mioshare website apart from downloading tracks which I create on Ride with GPS. There is a good forum cyclogps.com, if you go on there you will see the biggest issue which is software support. There have been some nightmares recently with updates. although I am fairly happy with it, I would probably get a Garmin if I was buying again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘anyone got / used a mio 505 / 315 or Bryton rider 60?’ is closed to new replies.