Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone got the new titanium genesis?
  • 13thfloormonk

i can’t remember if i’ve asked this before, it would have been pre-hack if i did.

I’m looking at the new titanium Altitude, as a replacement for a steel Charge Duster (the titanium duster would be perfect, but out of my price range) Anyone got one?

I’m buying it mainly because its the only way i can save weight on my bike without compromising strength, anyone know a weight for it?

cheers!

james-o
    Free Member

The 19″ frame is 3.45lb, i’ve not weighed the 17.5″ yet but would guess a couple of ounces lighter. It’s certainly a light frame for the stiffness it offers, we went for a higher main frame stiffness than some ti frames to reduce the twang that ti can have by using fairly stout TT / DT and a lighter butted ST and thin-wall tapered stays. Some call ti’s inherent flexibility a magical ride quality, but too much of a good thing can make for very vague handling with longer forks and shorter stem riding styles. It’s still a comfy, pingy-light frame, but not as whippy as some.

Still £999.99 for the frame.

James / Genesis

13thfloormonk

Brilliant, cheers james.

I’m not looking for a twangy frame anyway, the duster seems pretty stiff for a steel frame, and i want to maintain that.

Just since you’re replying to threads here, care to disclose the seat tube diameter? : )

many thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got the new titanium genesis?’ is closed to new replies.