Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone got the latest Specialized Defroster boots?
  • bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Just looking for opinions from owners or recommendations for something similar.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I’d be interested too as i have a pair from a few years ago and I’ve decided they are too small, mine are the ones built with American-irony, e.g. they are bloody freezing!

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Got some of the new ones and so far have ridden in some biblical weather including along the side of an overflowing river. Never let any water in amazingly!

Happy with my purchase.

Normally a 46 and had to size down to a 45 though.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Im the same Bigman, tried my normal 44 and it feels too roomy.

cr500dom
    Free Member

The new ones are built on a different last.

I got some last year and had to size down

Super toastie, totally waterproof but I need to get some footbeds for mine as they don’t support as well as the old shape ones did.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

I’d have no complaints buying them again. I quite like the arch support.

I find them more comfy than the sidi I would usually use.

iainc

Also have the new, bought this time last year. Same size as all my Spesh shoes, roomy enough for a thick pair of hiking socks, warm as toast.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mind if I ask a question here around sole stiffness?

My current shoes have a Spesh stiffness (ooerr) rating of 13, and these have a 6. Are they as floppy as a flaccid floppy thing?

jonnyrockymountain

I have the older version and really like them, to me sizing is spot on, also have spec rimes which are even better but not for foul weather

iainc

Mine don’t feel any more flexy than my Rimes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got the latest Specialized Defroster boots?’ is closed to new replies.