Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone got suntour forks
  • pop-larkin
    Free Member

Looking for a credit crunch set of forks and interested in the Suntour Epicon or it’s bigger brother (cant remember the name). Has anyone got them and if so what are they like?

taka
    Free Member

they had good reviews on the mongoose tecoli in mbuk

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Don’t know if it was the Epicon but the 15mm axle version got a good review in What Mtb

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Just remembered- axon – that the other name that is!

giddyrob
    Free Member

better off strapping a couple of pogo sticks to your front wheel!

had suntour on my hard tail when I got it. Took them off and put some rock shox coil revs on. World of difference! So plush on the trail compared to suntour zebedee’s or whatever they were called.

see if you can find some 08’s in a sale.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I think the Epicon is meant to be first decent fork Suntour have made. GF has a £60 Suntour coil jobby that came with her GT Avalanche (she liked the name – what are they like?) – it’s awful, clunks, boings and doesn’t travel much.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

my mum’s got suntour XCR’s which aren’t bad, not great but they go up and down and dot top out violently, cetainly bettter than what came on bikes a few years back. apparenlty teyr not too reliable and need regular oil top ups in the lowers.

Cant comment on the more expensive models, but they make marzocchi forks now so should be similar you’d hope.

They sponsor the megavelanche, could be a hopeless publicity stunt or they may actualy believe they have a fork worth beating the shit out of?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

The new bolt through got a good review in WMB as mentioned above

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got suntour forks’ is closed to new replies.