Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone got one of those 'print & prosper' Kodak printers?
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

and if so, are they any good.

To replace the ink on my current printer is an eyewatering £79 (yes I've tried other 'cheap' inks, but they are rubbish) so thinking of getting an ESP-7 to replace it

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Bump – anyone?

Thanks

brant
    Free Member

We had one when I was at Planet X. We got it sent for testing from someone on here.

Seemed good. I think I will get one for home.

Drac

Yeah have a ESP-7 for an all in one printer it's pretty good, photo printing isn't too bad for simple home standard, scans well enough and it's wireless.

£15.99 for a colour and black cartridge is reasonable, not sure about the life of them doesn't seem fantastic but went a mad when I first got it testing so could be that.

vinnyeh

Doesn't this rely on using Kodak papers to get correct tones and for maximum ink coverage? And uses a single cartridge for colours rather than individual colour tanks?

Maybe look at what you're printing and why- if it's lots of docs, get a cheap mono/colour laser, or use photobox etc for 6×4 and 5×7 snapshots- they're always going to be cheaper than printing your own. Just calibrate your montitor, and they're great.

I only use the inkjet printer now for large prints.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Use photobox, etc for photos as way cheaper & easier than printing at home.

Will be used for general document and homework printing which, apparantly, needs to be colour. Also be good to get an all in one unit so I can free up desk space taken up by the scanner.

Drac

Doesn't this rely on using Kodak papers to get correct tones and for maximum ink coverage?

Well I've used Costco's own photopaper and it's work fine so no.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got one of those 'print & prosper' Kodak printers?’ is closed to new replies.