Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone got one of the new Flite saddles ?
  • flap_jack
    Free Member

Are they exactly like the old ones ? I recently refitted a scuffed flite to my racing bike, forgot just how comfy it was. Don’t want to spend £60+ on a new one if it’s been ‘improved’ though…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

SHUT UP AND SHOW ME THE LINK!

Need to know more about this.

flap_jack
    Free Member
    mikey74
    Free Member

I have that model on my road bike and it’s the best saddle I have ever had.

radoggair
    Free Member

one of the best looking saddles ever, made any 90’s bike look brilliant. Had a carbon version somewhere, not as comfy as i remembered though, but pretty light

fourbanger
    Free Member

Flite Ti. What a saddle should look like.
    Looks wider and flatter to me.

flap_jack
    Free Member

mikey74 – the new one ?

aa
    Free Member

Turbo > Flite

mattbee

Same shape but the rails are a bit taller. I’ve had one for about a year now, was really pleased to get back on one. All those years in the late 90s/ early 00s must have moulded my bum to fit it.

flap_jack
    Free Member

aa

sorry, too cryptic for me…unless you’re making that sacrilegious statement that it’s better than a flite ?

oldgit
    Free Member

Think it’s identical, on my last original. The new one with the dropped back with chrome ring does feel the same though.

aa
    Free Member

Flapjack,

just saying, Imo a selle Italia turbo is a more comfy, if a little heavier saddle than the flute.

i love the turbo. 3 bikes, 2 of ’em have got turbos on.

Great name too!

mikey74
    Free Member

FJ: I have the one that you linked to. Have they release a new version recently?

qwerty
    Free Member

You could probably sell them on eBay as NOS and make a healthy profit!

flap_jack
    Free Member

@mikey74

I was wondering whether the one in the link was identical to the ones available in the 1990s.

I was worried by ‘Legends are left untouched…at most they are refined’ in the description. I’d like to know what ‘refined’ means, it’s usually a euphemism for ‘ruined’ (e.g. 6-sigma has been used, or they got some management consultants in – MBA= Masters of Bu99ering All)…

lunge

I’ve got one of the ones linked to and to my untrained arse and eyes it’s the same as the 90’s version. Definitely my favourite saddle.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Plastic in the base is thicker ime .

They have no where near as much flex as an original. This means they dont split like the old ones but are nothing like as comfy 🙁

chestrockwell

You could probably sell them on eBay as NOS and make a healthy profit!

Nah, anyone who would pay for a NOS one would also know where to find the date it was made. 😉

unovolo
    Free Member

Got a Turbo on my road bike and thinking of getting a black one for the MTB I’m building but I’m Flite curious too.

For anyone who has/tried both is the flite a similar shape too the turbo?
    I know its lighter and cut away at the sides but is the top profile similar.

kelvin

Anyone seen the new one cheaper?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got one of the new Flite saddles ?’ is closed to new replies.