Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone got Mellow Johnnys clothing? Need sizing help
  • Clembo
    Free Member

As the title. Looking to ship some ride wear over to the UK but unsure about sizing. Anyone bought from them and can offer sizing assitance? If you are 5'10" with 32 waist even better 😀

Cheers

ourmaninthenorth

The only time I've seen Mellow Johnny's clothing is tretched over fat americans struggling to stave off the broom wagon on the Étape.

I wouldn't use that as a sensible sizing guide..!

Clembo
    Free Member

Ok, I'll bear that in mind 😉

Its Giordana made stuff and I believe is of "italian" fitting i.e. on the small side. Don't want to get some bits over here and have to send em back. Thats the risk I'll take I suppose.

Anyone else?

Gary_M
    Free Member

I've got a Giordana jersey and the fit is a bit on the 'race' side but it's okay. I'm 5'9" 32 waist btw and a medium fits fine.

Whats the postage rates on mellow johnny stuff, I had a look and it was $20 ish. Is that right? I was only after some socks so didn't bother ordering.

aP
    Free Member

Why not just go to the shop? Seems strange to lust after clothing advertising a shop from a country you've never been to.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I was gonna order some stuff from them last year (couple of t-shirts and some socks), but the postage was gonna be ridiculous. As somebody else said, the sizing is for racing snakes.

Clembo
    Free Member

I've got a Giordana jersey and the fit is a bit on the 'race' side but it's okay. I'm 5'9" 32 waist btw and a medium fits fine.

Whats the postage rates on mellow johnny stuff, I had a look and it was $20 ish. Is that right? I was only after some socks so didn't bother ordering.

Thats along the lines of what I thought. Yeah, $20 ish for tracked, can do it cheaper for un-tracked.

Why not just go to the shop? Seems strange to lust after clothing advertising a shop from a country you've never been to.

I have been to the country, several times, just not to Texas!

I too just started by looking at socks and T shirts but like the look of the long sleeve riding jerseys.

Gary_M
    Free Member

the sizing is for racing snakes

Do you mean not for fat folk, or folk that think they're not fat but are really.

Why not just go to the shop?

Yeh I'll nip out at lunch time. Who's 'lusting', I don't think the op is.

aP
    Free Member

Texas is a country.
    You know that the net is tightening around lala?

warton
    Free Member

RULE 51:
    Livestrong wristbands are c*ckrings for your arms. You may as well get “tryhard w**ker” tattooed on your forehead.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yawn. Do you have any sensible input to this thread?

Ever tried thinking for yourself warton rather than adhering to some stupid rules made up by 'the keepers'?

Clembo
    Free Member

Texas is a country.

Eh? What Am I missing there?

Yep no lusting on my part, just fancy something different from what I can get on CRC etc and I quite like the logo, if that makes me vain….

the sizing is for racing snakes

Do you mean not for fat folk, or folk that think they're not fat but are really. 😆

clubber
    Free Member
    Clembo
    Free Member

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jKB9kJFPQK1-D9n_HllA_3nhyTMgD9I0PFTG0

Oh right. Thankyou for enlightening me clubber.

I wondered if anyone would bring up some anti LA bullshit when I asked the original question and aP duely obliged 🙄

Cheers for the advice on my original post! Medium jersey then for a jeyboy XC look, Large if I want to wear something under it. Long sleeve large might be better for that reason then. The giordana sizing charts I can find are a bit odd to say the least!

Might keep an eye on ebay for some official MJ bits, in fact got my eye on some proper bib shorts. Not the chinese fakes which there seem to be plenty of.

Eggbox
    Free Member

I bought a roadie cap from them so no advice on sizing ..but the postage did not seem that bad and there was nothing added by customs.

Send them a mail and ask advice on sizing they seemed pretty efficient when I dealt with them.

Clembo
    Free Member

Cheers Eggbox, I buy buy alot of music stuff from the states and have never been stung by customs so hopefully my luck will hold out with this! I think the limit upto which you can spend before duty is quite low.

I'll email and see what comes back.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got Mellow Johnnys clothing? Need sizing help’ is closed to new replies.