Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone got a VAGcom in staffs/sth cheshire or how do I get rid of 'SERVICE NOW'?
  • jekkyl

I’ve got a 05 VW Passat estate highline with ‘SERVICE NOW’ on the dash whenever I start it up. I’m certain the oil was changed just before I bought it in August and I can change the air filter myself. Has anyone got a vag com to reset it, I live in stoke. Or is there a hack?
    Thanks 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

You’ll need vagcom/vcds to get rid of it. If you’re in Stoke then PSI Tuning should be able to get rid for a small fee.

bookwyse
    Free Member

Try this it worked on my A6:

bigsurfer
    Free Member

You definitely don’t need VAGCOM to reset the service warning on that age of passat. If the youtube link doesn’t help just google 05 Passat service reset and their will be loads of links to ways to reset the service light using the ignition key position and the clock adjustment buttons on the dash binnacle. If you are still struggling Ihave the instructions printed out at home for our 51 plate Passat but it is a few days until I will be there.

trail_rat
    Free Member

there is a reason its telling you to service it

your certain the oil was changed…..but unless there is a reciept detailing it id just drop the oil and change it – and was the filter done at the same time

equally what about the fuel filter?

really not worth the risk – or maybe it is ….maybe its going to the scrap yard.

jekkyl

lol. psi want 24 quid to do it so I’ll try the hack. thanks all.

nwgiles

urm
    key in, hold down mileage reset,
    turn key to ignition on whilst still pressing button,
    then turn clock stalk/press clock button works on my vw/seats.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m certain the oil was changed just before I bought it in August

So they forgot to reset the service indicator.. what else did they ‘forget’ I wonder.

Oh and how many miles have you done since then?

robbieh
    Free Member

urm
    key in, hold down mileage reset,
    turn key to ignition on whilst still pressing button,
    then turn clock stalk/press clock button works on my vw/seats.

Yep, just done this on my son in laws W reg passat same for my 06 Caddy too.

catsplums
    Free Member

I service and reset my golf MK4, no issue with resetting it for the correct reasons

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a VAGcom in staffs/sth cheshire or how do I get rid of 'SERVICE NOW'?’ is closed to new replies.