Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone got a Transition Scout?
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

And what do you make of it??

Still trying to decide on my N+1.

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

I have 🙂 what would you like to know?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

what would you like to know

Everything MBUK neglect to tell..

Basically your views etc..

Feel free to email me.

Would it be a good for an all day bike? Really want to get back into long days in the Hills, not just mincing around trail centers etc, etc..

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Ok. I replaced my bandit with the scout which I demo’d first from Luke at Drover Cycles (crackin dood btw!).
    I really like it, feels longer and bigger in the cockpit than the bandit so it’s dead stable on the ups and downs but I think that is probably helped by the 650b wheels which I’ve not ridden before.

Given it’s only short travel at the rear it does feel much bigger and for what I’ll be doing it’ll be sound. It’s probably a bit heavier than the bandit but it feels light to ride. I’m running it 1×10 with reverb, sweeps and ryde rims. It’s just a proper fun bike 🙂

Overall, I’m very pleased with my purchase.

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

I was apprehensive at first as it’s described as a bit of a slopestyle bike which made me wonder whether it would be decent for all day rides but I don’t think there’s any need to worry about that. The only other reservation was the low BB and I pedal striked like crazy on the demo. I’m running 170mm cranks study has fixed that so no complaints 🙂

scotlandthedave
    Free Member

If you can stand the cliched writing and the sheer tedium of it, here’s my thoughts

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Cheers All.
    Great write up Dave BTW.

scotlandthedave
    Free Member

cheers. Mine is due to arrive end March hopefully, can’t wait!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Have a read of the reviews on the transition website home page. I’ve been in a mental battle between the Patrol and Scout but reading them all its pretty clear the scout is more than enough for my needs, sounds like it could be a classic.

Sancho
    Free Member

I got mine saturday and had two rides in my local woods.
    Love it.
    i am 5’10” and went for the large after trying a medium
    i feel the large gives me a better option for all day rides.

I switched from a Spicy and am not missing the longer suspension.
    Running Pikes on the front so its still very stiff.
    been tweaking the suspension to suit, but found it climbs really well, and can handle everything i am doing in Esholt woods, Calverley etc.
    in fact i am feeling confident already and been hunting out tech lines as the geometry with its slackish front and low BB, make steep tech fun.
    Tapping down the canal, it felt like an ideal bike for all day rides as the large gives me room to shift about a bit.

29.1 lbs with pedals and looking at getting it down a bit with some upgrades,

so really happy and now lookign forward to some lakes trips

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Transition Scout?’ is closed to new replies.