Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Anyone got a Tamiya Grasshopper?
  • dannybgoode

Does anyone remember the mini but still complex RC cars Tamiya did – the Tamtech range I think.

Me and my mate always had a giggle in our local model store as the batteries were call TamPacs

Cheers

Danny B

Cougar

IT’S ALIVE!!

So the battery’s seen better days and I can’t drive for shit any more, but still.

Harry_the_Spider

Photo please.

Cougar

(Click for larger version)

amplebrew

All these RC car threads are driving me nuts!!!

I’d forgotten how much fun they can be and now spend quite a bit of time on the Modelsport site.

I’ve so far resisted the urge to buy one!!!

I just keep telling myself that nothings ever as good as you remember.

I’m 110% that this RC10 Classic would be rubbish and that this one would be about as much fun as watching paint dry. 😉

Cougar

No. I believe the new ones are much better.

bigrich

i was out for a ride the other day, and saw there was a municipal RC race track. I had to hide my Credit card from myself.

el_bandido
    Free Member

This thread’s bringing back some memories. Raced RC cars from the age of ten up to about 19. In chronological order: Tamiya Falcon, Kyosho Ultima, Kyosho Lazer, Traxxas TRX1, Losi XX. The Ultima was probably my favourite

I’d love to do it these days, but too pricey and time consuming to do it in addition to MTBing

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

I had a Grasshopper for a bit, theyr’e good fun, you get the good dad&son vibe from building them too. Incidentally, they’e basically a more basic Hornet, different rear suspension, ABS shell and a 380 motor.
    You can pick up all the Hornet parts on Ebay cheap enough, so you get to build the basic model, then all the fun of shopping for speed and better bounce! I say, get it!

rossi46
    Free Member

Did anyone remember the Mardave Ministox?

I used to love mine, me and a friend used to do demolition derbys in the school playground. Run what you brung and the Mini’s would destroy everyone- lots of Tamiya casualites 😆
    They cost £40 and you could fix them with bits of circuit board nicked out of CDT class 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’m 110% that this RC10 Classic would be rubbish and that this one would be about as much fun as watching paint dry.

Oh my, those do look good. Blobby Jr only 15 months… too young to use as an excuse?

Edit: Off the modelsport facebook page… surely this is more STW…

rossi46
    Free Member

too young to use as an excuse?

Never too young to be an excuse 😆 😉

rossi46
    Free Member

surely this is more STW…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msULdH2Drdc[/video]

I NEED one of these 😯

amplebrew

mrblobby – Member
    I’m 110% that this RC10 Classic would be rubbish and that this one would be about as much fun as watching paint dry.
    Oh my, those do look good. Blobby Jr only 15 months… too young to use as an excuse?

Edit: Off the modelsport facebook page… surely this is more STW…

That Defender looks real 😯

jes
    Free Member

What I mean by “that’s how it start’s” and the expense is you start off with a £150 car and end up racing nationals where the sponsored pro’s run a new set of wheels and tyres for every heat at £40-50 a pop.
    I ended up running Nitro 1 1/8 truggy and buggies probably at a rough cost of £1200 (x3) per car with upgrades every year and £50-100 on parts, fuel etc per race not to mention £1500 of other stuff like chargers, starter boxes, glow starters, batteries, tools, spares, radio’s etc.
    Racing offroad outdoors all seasons also creates more wear and tear.
    But it is extremely addictive, nothing like a race start with 12 cars revving their nuts out at 28000 rpm just before the flag drop (sends shivers down my spine just in recollection 🙂 )

I would recommend looking at 1 1/18 micro cars as a very fun cost effective start up solution. You may even be able to get one each for your budget.
    You can run them in doors (there were clubs about based in sports halls) or on smoothish surface outdoors.
    Please find a link to a micro car forum which has loads of information.
    From experience the FTX Blaze was a favoured a few years ago running well out of the box but with reasonable upgrades available.
    The Associated was ok but a bit fragile especially on the steering linkage.
    The Losi micro 8 looks interesting if its as good as its bigger brothers that I ran before jacking it in.
    Enjoy and start looking at getting a second mortgage 🙂

Kryton57

Pigface – Member
    Hey I wear Tank Tops

M&S vests are wear its at. All the advertised benefits with the added thrill of being Bruce Willis if your ace of employ gets hijacked by terrorists. Maybe.

v8ninety

That Defender looks real

Nah. Wrong number of wheel nuts. Dead give away…
    I need to get out more.

amplebrew

v8ninety – Member
    That Defender looks real
    Nah. Wrong number of wheel nuts. Dead give away…
    I need to get out more.

😆

mrblobby
    Free Member

Inspired by threads on here I just found my old hotshot in my parents attic… now if only I can find the charger…

… been up there for at least 23 years so curious to know if it’ll run.

scotchegg
    Free Member

I had one of them! Imagine if with brushless motor and lion battery.

mrblobby
    Free Member

May need a trip down the local model shop 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Tamiya Grasshopper?’ is closed to new replies.