Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone Got A Suzuki Jimny?
  • Shepdon
    Free Member

And what do think of it?
    Are they any good on fuel?
    Was thinking of getting one but would be my only vehicle and travel approx 120 miles a week back and forward work.
    Cheers

MrNutt
    Free Member
    hora
    Free Member

Cost £25,000 to build. Offers around £14,000.

Why not buy something decent for 25k for off roading?

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Was thinking of the same, 🙄 or an Ignis..
    So come on guys, posts please !!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hora, those little beasties bounce across anything, when well prepared they are ace off road!

On road, however, they are more than a little mincing! In summary, not a good car, unless fully off road prepped and used accordingly.

JonBurns
    Free Member

My Outlaws have one. If there's just two people and you just wanna pootle it's fine. People in the back is tight and with the back seats up the boot is tiny.

Off road it's ace, light and will go pretty much anywhere.

On the road it's dire, high centre of gravity and narrow track means going round a corner at any speed feels unstable. Max speed (you want to drive at) is probably 55-60mph.

As it's a 1.3 litre it's frugle but tax is still pretty expensive.

Having said all the above it's the car my in-laws drive the most (but the other is an Alfa)

druidh
    Free Member

bobsoff2 – Member
    Was thinking of the same, or an Ignis..
    So come on guys, posts please !!

Mrs Onion drives an Ignis 4-Grip. It's been just great in the recent weather (she drives as part of her job). Performance is knocked back a little on account of the permanent 4WD, but otherwise it's just fine. Finish is basic Japanese (i.e. not startling but faultless). Reliability has been great.

davey_clayton
    Free Member

my dad's got one, he's happy with it, pulls a little trailer and gets him up and down rough tracks, gathering firewood etc. Probably a bit agricultural for a commuter vehicle, I used to have a vitara, and I think the Jimny is less car-like. He's got a basic model with no electric. Mileage something similar to the vitara I think 35ish.

br
    Free Member

When on hols in Barbados we always hire one, they are terrible but cheap. We can park it anywhere, never lock it and its always there (auto helps) and cos they are so crap never had a problem when returning them as everyone is full of dents.

Wouldn't dream of running one in the UK.

hora
    Free Member

I was speaking to someone in the trade yesterday and he told me people are snapping up Jimny's like crazy at the moment- for everyone on sale apperently there are multiple offers to buy.

Now forgive me but arent we going to see the back of the snow after this week for a year?

Are people really that short-sighted?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I hear that they come with special storage for hairdriers, clippers & scissors

Pigface
    Free Member

Mate has one, great little beast goes anywhere. Pulled a 2 bike trailer but was a bit noisy and bumpy on the road. Better than the old SJ on corners. 120 miles should be doable as long as you can get your head around it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone Got A Suzuki Jimny?’ is closed to new replies.