Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • anyone got a specialized fuse pro?
  • sefton
    Free Member

whats it like then?

only ever had xc bikes (steep head angles)

looking for a low cost bike for hooning around on (lakes / trail centers) without a 2.5k price ticket (a fs bike comes with)

Brainflex

Love mine, really good fun. Once you sort out what tyre pressures work for you the grip is awesome. Chuck it into a corner or gnarly section and it just works well. It allows me to pick unconventional lines whether climbing or descending. I have a superlight and a carbon hardtail up for sale as all my riding is on the fuse now as it it so much fun.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Rode a tester, which prompted me to build a + hardtail. Great fun.

bwakel
    Free Member

In case you hadn’t seen, they’re £1299 at Tredz at the moment. Tempting!

sefton
    Free Member

yep, seriously considering getting one for that price.

just for days in the lakes / trail centres

CAAD F29 is hardwork up in the Lakes. and I dont want to spend 3k for a decent FS bike that could only be used once per month.

sefton
    Free Member

It seems the cheaper Expert Fuse has wider rims 45mm and the pro 38mm (seems strange)

I presume the pro – roval 650b rims are tubeless ready? (it doesn’t say) http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-Fuse-Pro-6Fattie-27-5-Mountain-Bike-2017-Hardtail-MTB_83902.htm?sku=276674&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=CIDEgMyQv9MCFfcV0wodyZQEyA#

Brainflex

yep tubeless ready, pro hubs are sealed bearing, expert rear is ball n race.

sefton
    Free Member

looks great. tyres took some effort to go tubeless – but saved a chunk of weight (each inner tube was around 320g)

hoping to get out on it tonight if I can get a shock pump (as the reba’s are rock solid)

andyg1966

Tubes on my Stache 29plus were 900g each 😯

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘anyone got a specialized fuse pro?’ is closed to new replies.