Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone got a SC 5010 in carbon?
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m looking at at 650B bike and the shorter travel is perfect for what I need.
    Any input appreciated.

willv

Hi, yep I’ve had one for 18month now and it’s my only mtb. Used it for xc races, 10 utb, puffer, enduros, big days in the lanes and highlands and its all good. Mines got a revelation on it but I’d say go for a pike if you can.
    No issues as such except keeping on top of the pivots as they sometimes seem to work loose. Stiff and light.
    I’m 6’2″ and ride an xl with 60mm stem.
    Don’t think you’d be disappointed
    Cheers
    Will

wallop

I’ve just got one. Not much to tell you yet other than it makes me smile and it makes me go really fast!

Will be taking it to the Alps in a couple of weeks.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Had a short ride on one and compared to the Bronson, ( have one) the feel is more nimble agile and as though it’s a quicker bike, more flickable if that makes sense, I bought a Alloy one to build up as a winter bike but not finished it yet, a friend has one (also a Bronson owner) and he raves about it, feels a real fun fast bike but goes for the Bronson on bigger terrain.

I’ll give better feed back if I get mine built up soon if I don’t sell it.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Bronson owner here to. I was thinking about a 5010 as well. Saw the frame was close to the Bronson in weight etc. so was undecided if it would really feel like a lighter quicker bike. Having a blast on the Bronson but still enjoy my2010 Zesty. It’s just not as a capable. Interested to see the comments as after five years the Zesty its getting time to look for a replacement.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thanks for the input. Time to demo one. Going to be my birthday present to myself…

simonbowns
    Free Member

Just taken delivery of my second one – sold last year to go hardtail for the winter and I’ve missed it!

We (18 Bikes) have a demo day on the 18th July if you’re anywhere near us? Also have a Large Carbon C demo in the shop for other dates. It’s been interesting to see more folk going for a Solo over Bronson the last few months, but we’re only a wee little shop so there’s not always a pattern!

wallop

Nice ride on mine yesterday.

I’ve come from an Orange Five and it’s like night and day. I’ve now got less travel (rear) than before, so it’s a lot more responsive but it feels a lot more plush. The suspension is great. A very capable bike on jumps and drops.

The BB is quite low and I really like the position this gives me – I always felt quite precarious on the Five but now I fee more planted on the 5010.

I’m proper chuffed with it.

mark88

I tried a 5010 and Bronson back to back at a demo. I’d be very surprised if a 5010 isn’t my next bike.
    I don’t think it’s the fastest bike and may feel a bit lightweight when things get steep and scary but for Surrey Hills and trails centres I think it’s probably the perfect bike. Climbs and pedals very well and is just stupidly fun on the descents. It really encouraged me to ride like a kid (in a good way) popping off any little bump I could find!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a SC 5010 in carbon?’ is closed to new replies.