• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by skids.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • anyone got a OnePlus 3 dual sim phone?
  • geordiemick00
    Free Member

I’ve got an S7 and 6S for my two businesses and it’s becoming a total PITA now. I’ve just been informed of dual sim phones and in particular the Oneplus3

Anyone got any real world advice?

I’ve got contracts on EE both with large Data and 4G, wondering about how texts are handled etc etc.

from the outlook this phone looks pretty damn perfect for my needs but looking for any users advice first.

toby1

Same feature is in the plus 2 also Review with details of dual sim use

I have the phone but haven’t used the feature personally, screens look simple enough.

Given most other experiences with the phone I’d anticipate it working well.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

I have the phone and highly recommend it, can’t see why people spend double on the alternatives.

Haven’t used the dual sim option.

transporter13
    Free Member

I’ve also recently changed to a oneplus 3.
    Not used the dual sim feature but coming from a note 4 and this phone seems to be a lot smoother overall.. More fluid if that makes sense…. Faster too which I guess is inevitable but I can really notice.
    I use nova launcher if it makes any difference.

julesf7
    Free Member

I have it, and have used the dual SIM feature a little during a phase of hopping contracts due to bad network coverage. Absolutely superb phone overall, adds a few things to Android and a couple for which I have downloaded additional apps. In terms of the dual SIM, you set one SIM to be the default for each of voice calls, texts. You can always use the other if you need, but this just sets the assumed start point.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I have it, and have used the dual SIM feature a little during a phase of hopping contracts due to bad network coverage. Absolutely superb phone overall, adds a few things to Android and a couple for which I have downloaded additional apps. In terms of the dual SIM, you set one SIM to be the default for each of voice calls, texts. You can always use the other if you need, but this just sets the assumed start point.

Cheers, is it possible to have two separate voicemails then? Does it tell you which line an incoming call is coming in on??

Giallograle

FWIW I’ve just ordered an Xiaomi Mi 5s which has a similar spec, dual-sim, but an IPS screen. I’d heard the OnePlus Three screen is significantly less colour accurate, which matters to me. It’s also slightly cheaper. Seen a few complaints about the Mi 5s’ interface, but I’ll put CyanogenMod on it when it’s available.

This is to replace a OnePlus One which was great but developed a hardware fault which prevents it booting beyond the Recovery menu.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I use the dual sim , three and vodafone. The voicemail works on both and I set it to prompt which card to use when dialling out.
    You can select the sim for mobile data and set mobile usage limits on both. Texts work the same way where you can select the sim to use for sending. It groups the texts under the contact so no matter which sim you use it keeps the thread. The only problem I have at the moment is I cant get the in car stereo to call out. I suspect its a bluetooth / dual sim problem prompting to choose the sim before dialling.

I had a oneplus 1 before. The oneplus 3 also has nfc which the oneplus 2 doesnt. The dash charge is fantastic. You get 60% in 30mins. So a 5- 10 minute boost gets me through the evening

cp

as cheeky monkey – the dual SIM functionality works very well indeed, with with one sim set for data and a default for text and calls – or prompt every time. You can name each sim so it’s not just SIM1 SIM2, but say, Work SIM, Personal SIM etc… This is shown against calls and texts so it’s easy to see where stuff came from/is going to.

Works really seamlessly really.

And otherwise as a phone/everything device – excellent. I’ve seen the screen thing mentioned a couple of times, but it’s really really such a non-issue. It looks much like any other AMOLED and is actually made by Samsung – there are plenty of devices with that screen in the world! IME it looks less saturated than most AMOLED screens (a good thing) and blacks are actually black etc.. You can adjust white balance to suit etc…

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Sony Z5 and Sony Z3 previously, both dual sim. Try them. No problems with dual sim here, very usable. Fast phones.

Perfectly happy with my z3 until I dropped it and it smashed. Z5 is better though.

Both phones could either choose default option for calls, text and data or choose text and calls when made. Data could only be selected for one or the other, not at the same time.

Both took micro Sd cards too, up to 128gb? Maybe more, I have 128gb in currently, loads on music and films.

Both had lovely responsive screens.

skids
    Free Member

The Honor 8 is dual sim also

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘anyone got a OnePlus 3 dual sim phone?’ is closed to new replies.