Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone got a Manitou MILO Remote?
  • seadog101

Does anyone have one of these attached to their Manitou forks:
    Manitou MILO Remote

I’d like a remote on my Minute Pro’s, as far as I can tell it should work. Does it just shift the forks from fully open to fully locked out? Or can you move it to a half way position and leave it there? by the look of the design all you can do is go the a fully locked position with the lever, and the release it to a fully open position with the button. Am I right? At the moment the knob on the top of the forks allows for any position from open to locked.

I’ve emailed the UK distributer, Hotlines, and have had no response.

seadog101

Bump?

Anyone?

Someone… Surely?

kimbers

try manitou in the states

I had a question about travel reduction and they were incredibly helpful and replied quickly with loads of info

otsdr
    Free Member

I think it’s on/off only: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sUnstYvBxQ .

AFAIK, RST has a remote lockout with a sort of ratchet in it that allows you to stop at an intermediate position.
    Usually a return spring of sorts is also needed in the cartridge, you cannot simply add the remote your existing fork – at least with RockShox. It could be that Manitou adds the return spring to all cartridges, and simply removing the knob with the detents makes it remote-ready.

seadog101

@Kimbers – Thanks, I’ll try Manitou in the States.

@otsdr
    – Though it’s not shown, there is a return spring that fits under the replacement red cap which makes the return happen.

After a bit of Googlage and YouTubing about the matter – if I can just get the assembly that goes on the fork, I reckon an old twist grip shift would work well on the bar end as the actuator.

otsdr
    Free Member

If you want to go the friction shifter route you could also look at Paul’s Thumbies: http://www.paulcomp.com/thumbies.html

ssboggy

I’ve had one fitted to some Tower Pro’s, it is only 2 position and it doesn’t pull enough cable on my forks to go from fully locked to fully open, the lever only pulls enough cable for approx. 2/3rds of what is needed (so a bit crap really)
    Something like that thumb shifter should work well or like above an old gripshift

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Manitou MILO Remote?’ is closed to new replies.