Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone got a Kind Shock 27.2 dropper post and willing to do me a favour?
  • Schweiz
    Free Member

Could you measure the distance from the saddle rails to the bottom of the red collar? Would be a great help for me to understand it it’s going to fit in my frame. It’s the 100mm drop version (although I think that’s the only one in the 27.2mm size.)

Thanks very much in advance!

pedwarpimp
    Free Member

Will do mate just need to put little one to bed then ill do it and let you know.

Schweiz
    Free Member

Thanks pedwarpimp – appreciate your help and sweet dreams to the little one.

pedwarpimp
    Free Member

Ok, it’s 185mm but there is a minimum insert line at 100mm so the useable length of the seatpost above the frame is 85mm.

Hope this helps. Would add I have been fairly pleased with it in the last wet muddy 4 months I’ve had it riding at least once a week, It’s never failed and never dropped un-wantingly.

Schweiz
    Free Member

Thanks, but perhaps I wasn’t specific enough. I think you have measured the length of post below the collar.

I don’t have much seat post extending out of my frame, so what I need is the distance from the rail of the saddle to the bottom of the red collar. I will have to run the post fully inserted in the frame and need to know if the extended position of the post will be too high for me or not. I guess the measurement is approx 150 mm (20mm collar, 100mm of extendable post and 30 mm for the clamp) but I’d like to know it exactly before placing my order.

Would you be able to measure this?

Thanks again

pedwarpimp
    Free Member

No problem, I’ll have a look tomorrow, but I don’t think your going to be far out.

andyl
    Free Member

it’s a 350mm post isnt it?

So 350 – 185 = 165mm so with 100mm drop there is 60mm of the red collar and seat rail clamp.

Schweiz
    Free Member

Andy, yes – I did think about the bottom-up approach but I’m not sure exactly how they measure the 350mm total length.

Would appreciate if pedwarpimp or someone else could measure it. With 160mm it would just about be OK. If it were 170 for example, it would be a real pain in the ass to have to drop the post 10mm from the full extension to get a comfortable pedaling position. I’ve had KS posts in the past and although you can set them at any height, it’s hard to reliably set a position other than the top or bottom out.

pedwarpimp
    Free Member

Schweiz – Member
    Could you measure the distance from the saddle rails to the bottom of the red collar? Would be a great help for me to understand it it’s going to fit in my frame. It’s the 100mm drop version (although I think that’s the only one in the 27.2mm size.)

Thanks very much in advance

Ok tried again, with the post dropped as fas as possible in the frame, with the dropper post fully up, you have 160mm to the point the saddle rails fit in to the clamp.

If you measure from the top of the red collar to the same is 130mm.

Schweiz
    Free Member

Pedwarpimp

Thanks so much. That’s exactly what I was looking for.

Let me know if you ever need any trail information for the Swiss Alps and I can repay the favour!

Schweiz

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Kind Shock 27.2 dropper post and willing to do me a favour?’ is closed to new replies.