Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • anyone got a genesis core?
  • mutley

looking at a 16" frame, i'm 5,10 but with stumpy legs so i reckon the frame wouldn't be be too small?

also what thoughts on the frame itself?

elliptic
    Free Member

Not ridden one, but Chipps lady friend had one when they came down to the Mendips before Christmas and it looked rather good in a chunky sorta way.

Effective TT for the 16" is 22 1/4" according to Genesis which is actually quite short – half an inch less than a 16" Cotic for example. Are you sure that's what you're after?

Mister-P
    Free Member

My GF is 5ft 8 and has a 17.5" Core.

glenp
    Free Member

Five foot ten and a 16" frame? That's going to be like a kid's bmx on you!

As elliptic said, look at bike length, not height. You want a medium at least.

Roman
    Free Member

2009 Core 30 Owner.

5'8" with 17.5" frame, sometimes think it maybe a touch on the big side but it's what I am comfortable riding. 🙂

mutley

thats what i thought. i've got a 17" rock lobster 853 and the TT length is half an inch longer than the core, so probably would be a bit short. nice frame tho

its a good deal so wanted to check i wasn't missing out

thanks all :O)

chipps

It's not a Core that I have, it's an Abyss. Review online shortly, or in the next issue. Whichever happens first. Seems long for its height, but I can get the tape measure out tomorrow if needed.

mboy
    Free Member

Genesis Altitude here, which is the same Geometry as the Core.

Smidge under 5ft 11, but with longer legs and shorter torso than average. Even then, on my 17.5" bike with a 90mm stem, it's quite short. I could've gone for the 19" easily, but prefer a slightly more chuckable bike in general. The 16" would feel a wee bit small to be fair…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘anyone got a genesis core?’ is closed to new replies.