Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone got a Genesis attitude ti?
  • turneround

Looking at getting one for me winter hardtail.. anyone got one? and what are they like?? (cant get to demo one way up here in the Highlands)

james-o
    Free Member

who's your local dealer? we may be able to sort a demo.

i have one, but anything i say would be biased )

james / genesis

Teapot
    Free Member

I've got one and think it's great. Sorted geometry and comfy without flexing all over the place.

However, I am actually thinking of selling it in favour of a short travel full suss for marathon racing next year. If you're interested in a 19" frame, Fox forks and Chris King headset or maybe even the complete bike let me know.

Teapot

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have one but I am a looooong way from the Highlands.

snakebite
    Free Member

I'm trying to get an Alptitude in to my local shop, just to convince myself that I need one….

oxym0r0n

[hijack] Teapot – just thinking out loud – interested in a medium, black ARS-sl as a swap at all? [/hijack]

turneround

19inch a wee bit too big for me… thanks anyway… just as an aside, ive been using a Turner flux for past few yrs for marathons, have had spesh, ventana, etc in the past and i must admit the flux is a pretty sorted steed (oh by the way a mate in the states is selling a mint med Turner nitrous if you're interested teapot, super flyweight racing machine – a weight limit of 175lbs though!!)

Chris_Cov_Cycles
    Free Member

Hi,

Ok, cards on the table. I'm a retailer and as such I've been fortunate enough to ride some of the best bikes about.

I bought a Ti Altitude frame to build up as my own bike (it's predecessor was a Stiffee).

I can genuinely say it is one of the most impressive trail frame I've ridden.

I absolutely love it!

Chris

turneround

cheers folks, was wondering if stiffness was going to be an issue, have heard some of the other ti hardtails (soda etc) are a little flexy and not being a lightweight (71kgs) i dont want the thing flopping around underneath me….

james-o
    Free Member

We designed the Atitude Ti to avoid some of those flex issues – version one felt ok in the singletracks but i found it to be too flexy to hold a line in the peaks / wales ie over the rocks. Production spec is stiffer and we're happier with it on rockier trails – rocky trails will always push a ti bike to its limit as ti is inherently flexible, but the flex is also a benefit if not excessive. The Altitude ti is more laterally stiff than some others i've ridden. I'm 75-80kg and i don't find the ti too flexible, but the 853 is a bit stiffer if that helps.

snakebite
    Free Member

James, not managed to see an Alptitude in the flesh yet, what is the finish on the frame-the metal look?

james-o
    Free Member

it's a painted metallic grey/silver, like a dark pewter. same colour on the Equilibrium road bike if you get a chance to look at one. looks quite subdued in low light and quite reflective in sunlight.

turneround

cheers James….

75 -80 kgs, seasonal variations or one pie or two after a night out????

grotto
    Free Member

love my bikes well worth getting the ti and you don't see many about

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Genesis attitude ti?’ is closed to new replies.