Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone got a Garmin Varia front light?
  • geordiepaul
    Free Member

Does anyone have the new Garmin Varia front light?

Interested to hear people opinions…for road use in particular.

I like the mount away from the top of the bars and the automatic adjustment should get the best use out of the battery.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

They look quite good as a concept, but they are mighty expensive if you want them use all the features…

As light conditions change, the smart Varia headlights and tail light automatically get brighter or dimmer, when paired with a light-sensing Edge 1000

So, If you don’t have an Edge 1000 already, then seems a bit spendy

geordiepaul
    Free Member

I have an 810 and the firmware update is due out now.
    Though the 810 doesn’t have light sensor so only adjusts based on speed which is still pretty cool

andysredmini
    Free Member

I cant believe anyone who has a garmin would be stupid enough to trust a light made by them. Especially one that has “features”. They cant even get the basic functions of the garmin gps units working and when they do its short lived before they “upgrade” them back to not working.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Never had a problem with my garmin?

Rubber_Buccaneer

As light conditions change, the smart Varia headlights and tail light automatically get brighter or dimmer, when paired with a light-sensing Edge 1000

Strange idea, do they get brighter as it gets darker or the other way around? Flashing in daylight and constant at night I could understand but dimming I don’t.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Garmin Varia front light?’ is closed to new replies.