Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone got a DX 3xXPE light?
  • tomaso
    Free Member

Just bought one of these Deal Extreme led lights DealExtreme 3x XPE for £28.36 and wondered if anyone else had tried them? I’m hoping for a bit more flood at the XML bastid on my helmet has too much of a hotspot.

z1ppy

I’d be interested in knowing how you get on.
    I have a Trout mini, 4x XPE and it’s a lot floodier than the XML but obviously without the reach (though they are better than the P7’s).
    I would mention that the Mini get reasonably hot but having ‘only’ 3 in this unit should mean there isn’t much of a heat issue.

tomaso
    Free Member

It looks a little like a Magic Shine M870 but with XPE not XPG leds and a cheaper lens. You can probably upgrade to a Ledl or Carlco lens similar to the MagicShine and Hope lights.

tomaso
    Free Member

Its a good lamp its just the bracket is made of jelly and wobbles a lot and then falls off. I am going to unscrew the bottom bracket and carve and alloy one to fit an old style hope mount I’ve got. Then I can actually use it and see what it does.
    On the plus side its sturdy construction has withstood several high speed get offs as it leapt off my bike.

Taff
    Free Member

Thought the R5 led was a lesser led than the t6? Need a new light, would you recommend this over the DX XML-T6 then due to the flood?

Northwind

My main light is a 4xXML… And tbh it’s the first light I’ve used where I could just go for a ride, rather than a “night ride”. It’s a flood but with enough grunt to remove the need for a spotlight- they throw far enough to ride at speed, but wide enough to give you good peripheral vision.

Obviously that’s one more LED but I’d expect the 3x to deliver pretty similiar character, if not the same power.

Taff – Member

Thought the R5 led was a lesser led than the t6?

Well, depends. But 1 XML-T6 is less powerful than 3 XPEs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a DX 3xXPE light?’ is closed to new replies.