Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone got a black Canyon?
  • plyphon
    Free Member

Wondering how the black finish on Canyon frames hold up – is it clear coated or is it just an anodized finish? Hard to tell.

Does it leave a bunch of scratches after the first muddy ride & wash?

Debating black or silver 🙂

thecaptain
    Free Member

Yup, it looks like black paint to me, seems to hold up ok, bike hasn’t had a huge amount of use but has been kicking around for about 3-4 years now.

jimdubleyou

Mine’s black-ish – Meteor Grey. It’s painted.

Not seen a stealth finish in the flesh – that might be different.

plyphon
    Free Member

Not seen a stealth finish in the flesh – that might be different.

Yeah, thats the finish im on about. Hard to tell if it’s a paint, or an anodize, or what.

M6TTF
    Free Member

its anodised. much tougher than the painted ones. I use the muc off spray from aldi to give it a nice sheen after washing. looks great still

mrtickle
    Free Member

Got a matt black Torque from 2014. Definitely paint rathern than anodized. It’s pretty hard wearing, got a couple of scuffs from crashes and where the car clamp grips but nothing major. Certainly more hard wearing than the black anodized handlebars it came with which are a right mess now.

plyphon
    Free Member

Cool, cheers – either way it sounds like it tough enough to not scratch at the first sign of some gritty mud. Cheers!

wors

Pretty good here too, until son decides to drag the lock through the frame putting a big scratch in it…. 🙄

cheers_drive

Got a 4 year old Matt black anodised, the anodising os in good nick, the white painted bits a mess. Also have a 2 year old grey painted and the paint quality is awful, so thin and through to undercoat in many places. Not helped by using white not grey undercoat

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a black Canyon?’ is closed to new replies.