Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone good with Lotus/IBM notes?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve migrated my notes setup between OSes a couple of times. I’ve followed the instructions on IBM’s site that tell you which files to copy over. It tells you to copy your ID file, then when you are prompted to do the initial setup click cancel and then it comes up with radio buttons inviting you to choose another user.

Well now (under Windows) if I click cancel, it just exists? Wtf? This is doing my nut.

pacerc100
    Free Member

I was a Domino admin many moons ago, mainly Domino/Notes 4 and R5. What version are you using and which Windows version as I may be able to help. With 4 and 5 it was pretty simple to move between machines.

jimmy

Yes. Email me with screenshots of where you’re getting to and files you’ve copied over (I’m the data Folder).

Edit: and version

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah, thanks folks. I fooled it by going through the setup process entering in servers, and THEN it asked for my password and carried on as normal.

Sorted.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sorry nothing constructive

I didn’t know it was still being used….

oldnpastit

I didn’t know it was still being used….

I imagine it’s for a display at a museum.

jimmy

Heh! Notes is great. I miss it :'(

titusrider
    Free Member

I’m forced to used it, god it’s awful!

Next time I move companies it will be my first question to the interviewers…

gobuchul
    Free Member

It was horrendous in 1998, can’t imagine what it must be like now.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s shit. Unreservedly.

Actually – it’s pretty sophisticated technically, but that’s of no use in any practical terms. Designed by geeks. When I go to a client using the Microsoft suite (in other words, when I go to a client) I’m blown away by the difference.

geoffj

Had a genuine what the actual **** moment when visiting a council in Scotland last month who are still using it. 😯

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone good with Lotus/IBM notes?’ is closed to new replies.