Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Anyone gone tubeless with schrader valves?
  • sandwicheater

Experienced any problems?

Have seen you can get the valves but for some reason, my spider senses are tingling*.

*Tingling could be my ‘oooohhh, get some new wheels’ tingling or cat aids, it’s just so darn hard to tell.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Did it with some Joe’s rim strips a while back, worked fine.
    I just use presta now as they are easy to get hold of.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Was thinking the same things as my rims have Schrader size holes.
    Would Presta valves seal ie be wide enough?

oldnpastit

Can you remove the inner core on a Schrader valve?

sandwicheater

Not a clue.

My other rims have presta valves with removable cores and I still just pop the tyre off a tad to get the sealant in. Prefer to know the levels and remove any sealant blobs.

Klunk
    Free Member

yes (with a tool or one of those funky caps with the tool on top), and I’ve run tubeless with Schrader valves, worked well.

I’ve got 4 or 5 of these knocking around in various places

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Schwalbe tubes have removable cores and you can cut up an old one rather than buying a standalone valve.

kimbers

Yes oldnaspit, you need a wee tool

Tbh they work much better for tubeless as you can get more air in, but for some reason crappy presta has dominated

Klunk
    Free Member

Schwalbe tubes have removable cores and you can cut up an old one rather than buying a standalone valve.

it’s not the removable cores (though they wouldn’t work without them 😉 ) it’s the threaded barrel so they can be clamped to the rim to make a decent seal

Klunk
    Free Member

Experienced any problems?

losing the barrel ring from the Schwalbe tubes ^^^

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

it’s not the removable cores (though they wouldn’t work without them ) it’s the threaded barrel so they can be clamped to the rim to make a decent seal

Which all my Schwalbe tubes have… 😉

Simon

I’ve used these on some Dt Swiss Ex500 rims that I’d previously drilled for Schrader tubes.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/no-flats-tubeless-schrader-valve-kit/rp-prod94761?gs=1&gclid=CjwKEAiA27G1BRCEopST9M39gykSJADQyqAl6xY-Z1HdFgZjmkq_vr4n2YvqZBhTG2jnSdBpk9hEgxoC2w7w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Work fine. Removable cores and come with the tool.

sandwicheater

Cheers one and all. That another job for this weekend, tubeless conversion.

Klunk
    Free Member

Would Presta valves seal ie be wide enough?

stans used to do a problem solver valve for schrader size holes whether you can still get them (though they say they are available 🙄 ). Other wise continental presta road tubes come with removable cores and can be made to work.

This valve *will not work* to convert a non-tubeless rim to tubeless

worked fine for me on a set of dt 5.1 and single wind of yellow rim tape.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Got some motorcycle valves kicking around. They are tubeless of course. I might try one on an old rim

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Used a split tube method with schrader valve.

Apart from getting the bead to seat I have not had any issues.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Yep. Been using them tubeless for years. The little Stan’s refill bottles fit perfectly in the valve. Much better than Presta.

pictonroad

^ as above, cannondale came with them, far superior to presta, I’ll swap them all eventually.

kimbers

If you’ve got a Schrader sized hope defo get Schrader tubeless valves, problem solver for using pests valves is a joke surely !

takisawa2

The Schrader valves in mine were cut out of old innertubes. Work fine with gorilla tape.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Why would it bother anyone?
    Think about this:
    Every single car on the road in the whole world has 4 tyres set up tubeless with a schrader valve….!

Dibbs
    Free Member

Every single car on the road in the whole world has 4 tyres set up tubeless with a schrader valve….!

I very much doubt that!

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

schraeder valves make more sense for wide rims, easily removable core and a bigger whole for blasting air through to help seating the tyre.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Anyone gone tubeless with schrader valves?’ is closed to new replies.