Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone going up to hope valley on sunday?
  • noobtomtb
    Free Member

Anyone going up to hope valley on sunday could do with going with someone experienced, As we have never been before and by the looks of it its not way marked?

thepodge
    Free Member

you could use a map, most bridalways are signposted

rob-jackson
    Free Member

i am in the morning, mail in profile

Pook

and I potentially could in the afternoon…..

mail also in profile, if only for a couple of routes

thepodge
    Free Member

Chris, I thought you were riding in the evening, if its the afternoon then its much better for me to ride straight from work. saves me going home then driving out again.

Pook

on Sunday podge.

Friday’ll be evening.

noobtomtb
    Free Member

Hey thanks for the replys!

So i am guessing that Hope valley is a natural trail?
    is it waymarked?

Thanks again

BadlyWiredDog

It’s all defined tracks and bridleways rather than a trail centre if that’s what you’re asking, so they’re obvious on the ground. If you’re going to ride there more than once, might be worth getting a copy of the Vertebrate Dark Peak guide, which is pretty good and includes proper mapping and good route descriptions.

flyingmonkeycorps

We’ll be doing a Jacob’s loop from Edale on Sunday morning if that’s any help. There’s no one way marked trail, it’s not a trailcentre – you need to look at a map, figure out the bridleways and join up the fun ones!

jackthedog
    Free Member

So i am guessing that Hope valley is a natural trail?

The Hope Valley is just that – a valley. It’s not a trail.

thepodge
    Free Member

username + last comment = troll?

noobtomtb
    Free Member

username + last comment = troll?

what lol?

noobtomtb
    Free Member

flyingmonkeycorps:

How far is that Jacob’s loop? where is the starting point and is there a postcode or road name that will take us there? Are you going if (when) its raining?

noobtomtb
    Free Member

flyingmonkeycorps: what time also

jackthedog
    Free Member

Sorry if you’re genuine, it was just such a base question it was a bit hard to take on face value.

Before you turn up, do a bit of homework, make sure you know where you’re going or, as per this thread title, meet up with someone else that does. As said above the Hope Valley isn’t a trail centre or anything, nothing is laid out for you. It’s a valley in Derbyshire with towns and farms and shops and rivers and trees, through and around which many Public Bridleways run that are good to climb and descend.

I still feel slightly ridiculous saying this, like I’m being sucked in.

Anyway, have a good look on a map or get hold of a guidebook or something – you’re just going to be out in the countryside so you need to know where to go to find the good stuff.

We’ll probably be out in the Peak on Sunday, but we’ll be riding there from Sheffield I imagine.

flyingmonkeycorps

1. About 18 miles, I think? They’re quite hard miles though.
    2. We’ll probably park at Barber Booth, but can meet you in Edale – the car park here is your best bet, costs about a fiver.
    3. Yes. Rain is good for the soul. We will moan though.
    4. We’re meeting at 10am.

Shorty121
    Free Member

I’m happy to show some people round. email Ijagger@hotmail.co.uk if you want

noobtomtb
    Free Member

jackthedog:

No worries yes i was being genuine lol (noobtomtb) 😉 tghanks for the info was stuggling to find much info on the internet thats why i posted here.

flyingmonkeycorps:

lol yeah think ive only been out once in the dry!
    your meeting at the car park at 10am?
    That’s great bud thanks a lot 🙂
    will be traveling from Southport

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone going up to hope valley on sunday?’ is closed to new replies.