Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Anyone going to the CX World Cup in Milton Keynes?
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

CX World Cup 29th November

Is anyone from here going? There are a few of us from work heading to it and I am quite fascinated to see what they have done in the park to make a suitable course for this level of riding.

rt60
    Free Member

Yep I can’t wait, I missed all the tour this year so it’s my only cycling spectating this year.

I am fascinated to see how they are going to make a World Cup course out of a dull MK park, but mostly oink g forward to the whole cross experience.

Tickets were cheaper then I expected as well

cp

Yep, bought tickets when they were first released – looking forward to it. Got hotel cheap at the time too, so making a weekend of it.

riddoch

Going on the Saturday, hoping for bier and frites and not just your standard dodgy burger van.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Me! Really looking forward to it.
    You’d be amazed at what can be done in a dull park and Simon Burney really knows his stuff so I think it will be fantastic.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Bier hadn’t even crossed my mind 😆

I’ll be getting the train down to the event. I thought about riding to it but I didn’t want to look like one of “those people” wandering around in cycling kit.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Yes. Then I’m going to a piss up in a brewery straight after. (Yes a real brewery launch party)
    To say I’m looking forward to the day would be an understatement.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I was thinking of doing the same MrSmith. Should be a fair few up for that!

fd3chris
    Free Member

Campbell park is far from dull it’s large with a very steep side that runs basically the full length of it so it’s not like he has to work with a flat dog poo ridden one.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Off to Koksijde and Spa this weekend, tried to arrange a trip back to the UK for the MK race but it wasn’t meant to be.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

We’ll be there cheering on Amira Mellor, I introduced her to mountainbiking as a 12 year old, she won the Elite Ladies National CX Trophy round last weekend, just turned 17!!

tang
    Free Member

Yup I’ll be there!

hatter

I’ll be there, along with my nipper, with a cowbell apiece.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Yes, which reminds me that I need to get myself a bigger cowbell.

weeksy

I may bring my boy up… we’re usually not far from there at weekends anyway.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Campbell Park is on my usual Saturday morning “Set myself up for the day” route so my stop and watch a bit if it’s not all closed off and then down to Willen Lake for a granola bar and espresso top up and home

ampthill

Few Parks are more suitable for a cyclo cross course

I expect to be there

oldgit
    Free Member

Yep, it’s local for me and our club are going en masse.

Kicks off Friday evening when Katie and Sven are guests at Trek.
    Dash back to Leighton Buzzard….our pub/club sponsor has 50 + Belgian beers to get in the mood.
    Saturday train to the course.

Anyone that cares to join us feel free, there might be a few free spare tickets for the day.
    Welcome to join us for a drink or ride with us Sunday.

sarpullido
    Free Member

Wow! Never been to a cx event and was thinking of asking for a day off on Sat and ride all the way there from London. Very intereting plan

oldgit
    Free Member

Get the train and relax, have a beer whilst your there. Don’t want to be carting a bike all over the shop.

sefton
    Free Member

Oh Yes! a large number of Horwich CC riders are making their way down…can’t wait!!!

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Yep, I’ll be there & then racing the National Trophy on Sunday :S

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

Yep, really looking forward to. Going for with my wife and some mates.

It’ll be great to see a WC in the uk

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Yep, i’m going. It’s my girst experience of pro level CX so really looking forward to it. Cow bells at the ready.

Incidentally, it’s not a pre-booked ticket event only is it? You can buy them on the gate?

riddoch

If you buy online ticket is sent by email, so if you have a smart phone you could buy them on the day if they aren’t on the gate. they are only £10 for adults too.

oldgit
    Free Member

goldenwonder who do you ride for? we have a couple going in vets, but I think part of that is a thank you for marshaling this year and last.
    Anyway good luck.

Jase
    Free Member

Yep, live 3 miles away, cannot wait.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

“There will be a limited number of tickets available at a ticket office at the gate on the day of the event. These will be priced at £15.”

Not sure how limited these will be though, can’t imagine they will be turning people away!

maxtorque

I like to bunny hop up onto the little raised platform and do a couple of laps of the “Needle” sculpture thingy when ever i cycle through. They should have included this in the route…… 😉

oliverracing

Anyone coming down from the north via the M1 with space for 2 nice people? We’re stuck in loughborough without a car and can meet you at junction 23 if needed! 😉

brakes
    Free Member

I was considering coming to this, but £15 is a bit steep to stand in a cold wet park with a 2 year old for 2 hours (his limit).

clanton
    Free Member

We’re going – bought tickets online and I think £11 for a World Cup event is incredibly good value.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’m now being paid to be there. Not for my bike riding prowess though.

thomthumb
    Free Member

I’m dragging the GF – she’s so excited about our day out to the park in MK!!

bought tickets online and I think £11 for a World Cup event is incredibly good value.

+1 i was surprised how cheap

Simon

Is it possible to watch the racing live on the net anywhere?
    Lad at work is racing in juniors and I wouldn’t mind watching.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

The juniors isn’t a world cup so prob not on live. otherwise I think Eurosport are covering it

icarus
    Free Member

Don’t know about the junior race but the womens and mens races are live on the UCI channel.

arewethereyet
    Free Member

I’m bringing a coach of 45 people to it. It’s gonna be great. FYI, it’s live on the UCI Channel on YouTube, shown again (mens race only I suspect) on Sunday on Eurosport 1 & 2.

And there are 24 different types of beer for sale….

MrSmith
    Free Member

And there are 24 different types of beer for sale….

More info please 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Anyone going to the CX World Cup in Milton Keynes?’ is closed to new replies.