• This topic has 19 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone going to Les Arcs with Trail addiction in August?
  • northeastAndy
    Free Member

Just booked up for a week (6th to 13th) and was wondering if anyone else from on here is going?

smeg
    Free Member

I wish 🙁 , been the last 2 years and will probably go back next year…amazing riding.

trev4star
    Free Member

hi, im going the week before, driving down & staying at the eagles nest. so if you want a vry up to date review of the trails etc send me a reminder & i’ll let you know. friends have been before & really rate it

northeastAndy
    Free Member

Out of interest, what bike are you taking? Don’t worry its not going to turn into a “what bike for” thread, I only have 1 bike…..Specialized enduro

flamejob
    Free Member

Andy, the Enduro will be perfect; just stick some beefy tyres on it and get some armour 🙂

I went in ’09 on the way to the Mega and took a Pitch and DH bike.

Les Arcs by Flamejob, on Flickr

trev4star
    Free Member

Taking my orange 5 it’s got a good build 150mm talas, saint mech, Maxel, double bash & chain guide. Just gonna stick a big sticky minion up front & run dh tubes. Your enduro sounds perfect to me people I know all ride alpine 160’s

Gary_C

Last went in 2007 & took a RFX, year before took a Yeti 575.

Must go back there sometime, the riding is fantastic.

simon67
    Free Member

Hey Trev4star – welcome to Singletrack. Your secret is out!

Driller
    Free Member

Andy, I’m going the same week (6 – 13 Aug) with my wife and a couple of mates. We went the same week last year and had an awesome time. I’ll look forward to having a post-ride beer with you.

I’m taking my DH bike, because I don’t get to throw it on chairlifts nearly often enough. Last year people rode everything from Ti hardtails to DH bikes, all good.

DH tubes and dual-ply tyres are a great idea, you want to spend your time riding, not changing tubes.

northeastAndy
    Free Member

Got some DH tyres, tubes and other bits for the trip, I really can’t wait.
    Not sure what to do about transporting my bike as I quite like the look of the epoc bike bag thingy, probably a good investment to protect my bike but was also just thinking of padding my enduro up well and putting it in a cardboard box……plenty of time time to decide i suppose.

northeastAndy
    Free Member

is it August yet?

trail_rat
    Free Member

I iz going in july 🙂

Ill bed in the trails nicely for you haha

baa
    Free Member

I’m going at the end of june on the backcountry special, first time for me taking the hemlock.

northeastAndy
    Free Member

Where are all you guys from in the UK and where do you normally ride?
    I’m from Newcastle when I’m actually in the UK and ride mainly at the 7stanes trail centres.

Drac

Not riding out with Trail Addiction but from the NE so I’d thought I’d say hello and Andy stop riding the 7 stanes and make the most of what you have near by. 😀

northeastAndy
    Free Member

Drac, I did ride a lot in the Cheviots and Kielder a few years ago but then got addicted to trail centres.
    I keep meaning to explore more in Northumberland but I just get drawn to Glentress and Innerleithen.
    I need help!!

Drac

I can help cure that but it would seem you already have plans this weekend.

alfabus
    Free Member

I’m going the same week as trev4star, but staying in the Goat Shed.

I’ll be on my (old style) 575 with 150mm revelations, dual-ply high rollers and double and bash.

see you there 🙂

Dave

northeastAndy
    Free Member

Thanks Drac, my trip to Tweed Valley is in a few weeks time.
    I’m not back in Newcastle until next week, thats if the USAF pull their finger out and let me on a flight.
    Where locally do you normally ride?

Drac

Ah misread you thread.

We ride, Alwinton, Ingram, Rothbury and Thruton area with the occasional Wooler. I work shifts so getting out can be hitty missy for me.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone going to Les Arcs with Trail addiction in August?’ is closed to new replies.