Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Anyone go geocaching ?
  • maxray
    Free Member

velocaching

!! inspired.. :o)

I guess you could just do that within the existing geocaching mechanism.. you can fit a short cage mech in a tuppaware afterall. :o)

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks like there are quite a few geocache things here, all the difficulties seem pretty easy though and I refuse to pay for premium membership to view some of the other caches! Hopefully I’ll be finding some new cheeky local singletrack 😀

coffeeking
    Free Member

What tyres for geocaching?

I tried it once, never really inspired me. A bit like orienteering but without the navigation skill – just plug in the numbers, walk, look about a bit. Might be more fun if you get more involved in the “community”

Cougar

I’ve been threatening to do this for -years- and never quite got around to it despite having apps for it coming out of my ears.

Had a mooch for an urban microcache in the centre of Ambleside in the summer, came away empty though. There’s apparently one somewhere in the carpark at my local ASDA, god knows how you’re supposed to get to that without either being spotted by dozens of people or creeping round in the dark and getting arrested.

Cougar

Hah. From Geocaching.com – “Member Since: 11/29/2005”. I’ve done well there.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

Need to get out and do some more, havent over the summer.

As for what are geocaches…

heres one:

You had to find this one, which gave you the co-ords for the next.

as for whats in them. heres a typical example.

Which reminds me i REALLY need to move on the travelbug!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Anyone go geocaching ?’ is closed to new replies.