Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone get any 1p bargains on Amazon?
  • footflaps

I feel for the sellers, they’ve been really screwed over!

There were Christmas shopping bargains galore on Amazon’s website over the weekend … for about an hour. Because of a technical glitch, the prices of thousands of items crashed to 1p – giving eagle-eyed customers a pre-Christmas treat while leaving scores of small family-owned businesses nursing heavy losses, with some warning they could enter the new year facing closure.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/dec/14/amazon-glitch-prices-penny-repricerexpress

muzzle
    Free Member

Not entirely sure what all the fuss is about. My missus ordered every figure for Xbox Disney Infinity while they were listed for 1p. Her order was cancelled.

footflaps

Her order was cancelled.

from what I’ve read, some traders were under the impression they had to honour the orders esp if marked as ‘Dispatched’ by Amazon.

cloudnine
    Free Member

The problem is that these were fulfilled by Amazon orders.
    The stock is with Amazon not the seller.

finbar
    Free Member

My missus ordered every figure for Xbox Disney Infinity while they were listed for 1p. Her order was cancelled.

Lucky escape?

jon1973
    Free Member

Surely Amazon will have to compensate the sellers who had their orders dispatched?

theflatboy
    Free Member

And they will in turn claim against the provider of the service. These things take time and money to properly substantiate, though, so some of the smaller sellers may not be able to properly claim for their losses…

convert

Surely Amazon will have to compensate the sellers who had their orders dispatched?

this – you would have thought even Amazon would appreciate taking the hit themselves (or their insurance company) on this is the other side of the creaming off of profits they make on these fulfilment contracts.

jam-bo

these were people using a third-party piece of software to ensure they had the lowest price on amazon it seems. so surely the liability lies with them and not amazon.

footflaps

Yep looks like it’s nothing to do with Amazon directly…

cliffyc
    Free Member

Does 4p count?, grabbed a new Micro USB- USB cable for that once,think £4 was actual price,sweet,still use it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone get any 1p bargains on Amazon?’ is closed to new replies.