Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone flown their bike abroad? Recommend a bike bag to me….
  • nacho
    Free Member

Taking the Heckler to Spain, want it to travel safe – what bag should I buy? Trying to keep costs down so rigid might be too much….

Candodavid
    Free Member

Have a planet X stored at work….you can borrow for a deposit if local in somerset??

Teetosugars
    Free Member

where are you?
    Ive a dhb one if yer near manchester/cheshire area?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Cardboard box is just as good if packed correctly (pipe lagging is good)

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

that dakine one is super cool http://www.dakine.com/bike/luggage/bike-bags/

nacho
    Free Member

Candodavid, nice offer thanks a lot, I'm in Exeter so pretty close. I'm not actually going till September (just excited as we booked today)
    There seem loads on ther market so wanted a recommendation from people who had actually used theirs

Candodavid
    Free Member

Based in Wells, also have some wheel bags too.

Mackem

If do you buy one, they are all pretty much the same.

spooky_b329

Check the size of the bag. My DHB bag (soft bag, not the hard case) is too big for airlines, it exceeds the max dimensions for sporting goods although BA will accept 'compact bike bags that exceed the max sizes'.

In fact my DHB bag is excessively oversized, for airline travel I would look for something where you need to remove the bars/pedals to keep it manageable. The DHB just needs wheels off, saddle doesn't even need lowering, but then for transfers it won't go into anything much smaller than a Mondeo estate with all the seats down!

nacho
    Free Member

I was wondering whether soft bags would take the rigours of a flight and baggage handlers and the hard bags are soooo expensive

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone flown their bike abroad? Recommend a bike bag to me….’ is closed to new replies.