Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone fitted invisiframe to a yeti sb66
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Long shot I know but has anyone fitted one of invisiframes kits to an aluminium SB66?

I’m confused by the toptube section. Is it two pieces that meet in the middle of the toptube?

Cheers

scottalej
    Free Member

I have a carbon SB66 and if I remember correctly the toptube part was one piece that wrapped over the sides.
    If you have any issues email Lee at invisiframe uk info@invisiframe.co.uk

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah he has got back to me. The SB66a version is two top pieces that meat in the middle.

Bit disappointed as I assumed it was one piece. I’m hoping you can’t see the join or that it doesn’t start to lift.

campfreddie
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry about it…from what I have read, the rear triangle will crack long before you wear through any paint.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ha yeah I’ve read that too mate. Oh well if it cracks it cracks.

campfreddie
    Free Member

Gotta love these ’boutique’ Taiwanese takeaways. Lol.

jmatlock
    Free Member

Few jealous monkeys on here. Doom Monger wanting someone’s new joy to break.

For shame.

Awesome but my friend. All manufacturers frames fail. Please don’t hold back out of fear of a crack.

I will replace my Camber with an SB95 one day.

ChrisI

I think the SB66c kit used to be two pieces too. TBH Its probably easier to fit as two pieces than one, I found my single piece hard to line up.

Anyway, once its all done, get out and ride, you’ll be well chuffed 😀

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

It’s getting done early tomorrow morning. The mrs is out so the kitchen is mine.

Can’t wait. Like I say if it snaps I’ll warranty it and ride it again.

campfreddie
    Free Member

@jmatlock

You evidently haven’t seen the other SB66 threads recently. I’ve bought and built up a brand new dream-spec SB66, so I’m all in with both feet.

They are however made in Taiwan and the rear triangles do crack.

Love it though!

Here is a crap pic which really doesn’t do it any justice at all.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Well invisiframe fitted easily enough. Few bubbles but I’d rather that than a wrecked frame.

Nearly finished now.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fitted invisiframe to a yeti sb66’ is closed to new replies.