Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone fancy joining me in the States biking??
  • mikeclarke
    Free Member

Hi, right its a long shot but im planning to fly to Denver around 6th sept and return on or around the 30th sept. My plan is to hire a car and ride in collorado, new mexico, arizona and utah. I already know most of the trails out there. As for accomadation will prob stay in hostels for most of it maybe campsites a few times to keep the cost down abit. So anyone got loads of time off and fancy coming out to ride with me?? If so email me at profile address please

mike

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Damn going to uni that starts in the middle of September and not October like a lot of them. I’d be jumping at this otherwise!

Junkyard
    Free Member

you paying?
    Sponge or stone?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Booo what a disappointed! Isn’t that a long way to be driving over 3 weeks? I LOVE COLORADO ….. Crested Butte was phenomenal got to do The Monarch Crest Trail. Sorry 10-17th I’ll be in Spain.

mikeclarke
    Free Member

Junkyard-you wish, unfortunatly ul have to pay ur own way on this one. As for sponge or stone not a clue??

Munqe-chick, ul have a blast in spain if ur biking. Yeah Crested Butte is ace ill be heading over there also, and defo the whole enchilada in Moab its the best! Ur right its alot of driving but u can do so much riding in three weeks also.

Uni sucks-bikings loads better….

zinger
    Free Member

Hi Mike

I’ll be flying into Denver on 3rd September and will be flying home on 17th September

I’d be happy to do some rides out there with you – there’s a couple of rides that work best as shuttles that I want to do on this trip

Check out my website for some of the trips i’ve done out that way before

i.e. USA 2010 trip

I’m just putting together my trip , but i’m planning on riding in the following trails

Rough plan for my trip is

Denver – Vail – Breckenridge – Salida – Gunnison – crested butte -> telluride -> Cortez – Moab -> Fruita – Grand Junction – Denver

Some of the rides i’m planning on doing are

Vail ride – shrine pass -> bowmans short cut -> Two Elk Trail -> minturn

Copper Mountain to Searle Pass

Breckenridge – Wheeler trail -> Miners Creek Trail -> Gold Hill trail

Salida – Monarch Crest Trail

Gunnison – Hartmans Rocks

Crested butte – Dyke Trail / Trail 401

Telluride – Wasatch Trail

Cortez – Sand canyon / Phils World

Moab – Whole Enchilda

Fruita – Kokopelli trails / 18rd trails

Grand Junction – Lunch Loops , Butter knife, Flowing

squiff
    Free Member

zinger

All I can say is am well and truly jealous, your 2010 trip looked great.

mikeclarke
    Free Member

Zinger, great website. Ive not really put a plan together yet just where id like to ride again im defo heading to moab as wanna do whole enchilada again as its awesome. Defo heading to Butte 401 is great trail, fruita yes there are a couple of rides there for sure. Some of the rides uve mentioned ive not heard of will look them up. Are you going out by yourself or as a group. Would be good to meet up on some rides. Im also heading out to California n nov you done any trails around san diago? mike

Junkyard
    Free Member

As for sponge or stone not a clue??

Withnail and I in relation to male on male sex are you a giver or a receiver 😯

mikeclarke
    Free Member

junkyard – WTF no im not gay if thats what ur asking?? 😕

zinger
    Free Member

Zinger, great website. Ive not really put a plan together yet just where id like to ride again im defo heading to moab as wanna do whole enchilada again as its awesome. Defo heading to Butte 401 is great trail, fruita yes there are a couple of rides there for sure. Some of the rides uve mentioned ive not heard of will look them up. Are you going out by yourself or as a group. Would be good to meet up on some rides. Im also heading out to California n nov you done any trails around san diago? mike

This trip is going to be another Solo trip for me
    Not ridden down san diago way yet..

LHS
    Free Member

I’ll still be in Denver then but won’t be riding (certainly not road triping anyway) Have a great time, my favourie areas!!

stevemtb
    Free Member

My redundancy looks like kicking in early September, fortunately I’ve got an Alps roadie trip booked about the same time as you fly out or I think my whole redundancy package would’ve been spent on coming on that trip (might not have come back either)!!

uplink
    Free Member

I have to go to Las Vegas with work on the 28th Aug, 2 weeks there then I’m taking a week off to go riding somewhere
    Maybe head to California or across to Fruita or Moab

The whole of STW will be there by the sound of it 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fancy joining me in the States biking??’ is closed to new replies.