Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • anyone fancy a trip to cannock chase? from ox bucks
  • salome33
    Free Member

So I have heard cannock is really good and the trails sound decent.

I am thinking of heading up there on the weekend for a days ride leaving from thame (oxfordshire).

I ride a hardtail and wanna do as much as i can on that!

weeksy

Yeah, but not this w/e sorry.

rocketman
    Free Member

So I have heard cannock is really good and the trails sound decent.

Nothing to see at Cannock

salome33
    Free Member

weekysy in future ping me an email if you fancy a ride out,couple of my mates have joined the dark side and started skating!

rocket man – really? there website list of trails sounds flipping good? is this your personal taste or is it genuinly shite?

weeksy

Sure mate, i’m not that local to Thame, but it’s not more than 25 mins from me (over by Goring)

salome33
    Free Member

ah yeh i know it, im making sure i keep it up so going out on rides with new people is a good way to keep progressing, i have hit swinley forest the last two weekends, that a great bash!

jekkyl

Cannock is ace, make sure you do the whole monkey coz if you go all the way there for the day and just do the dog you’ll get back to the carpark early and go ‘pffftt wish we’d done the monkey’

Karl33to
    Free Member

i read somewhere that there’s a fair chunk of the munky closed at the moment, you might wanna check the chase trails website out

nickdavies

Monkey’s about half closed, the start and end are still open though (the good bits 😉 )

There’s 2-3 hours of entertainment there at the moment, some of the monkey diversion is very muddy though. You can always do it again though!

takisawa2

Cannock is worth a trip. It’s just that living close by & riding it every week you take it for granted somewhat. There’s two good cafes, & there’s some really good stuff off the main areas if you fancy exploring a wee bit.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I rode the Monkey Trail last Sunday and clocked it at 10 miles, usually it is 15, so about a 1/3 closed, but the week before different sections were closed but didn’t clock it that time. All the best bits are open, I had a great time. If you’ve got a good few hours you can always do the Monkey Trail, have a coffee or some lunch then do the Dog, or just do two laps of the Monkey Trail.

bwaarp
    Free Member

I’m going up to Canock on Sunday to doss about on the DH track, I’m in Oxford half of the week. Don’t have my bike with me, so I’ll be heading back to Leic on Friday to get it… but it’d be nice to find some more riding buddies.

Scamper
    Free Member

Think a bit more is closed now including a nice minor downhill bit as well as fire road section. However, you can just get to the end quicker, back up the fire road and repeat the best bits of upper and lower cliff descents.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m local and enjoy Cannock. It’s pretty good fun; the Monkey Trail is good fun. Is the bit of single track with the little rock features open? I love that bit, almost more than the last two sections.

I’m hoping to get up there this weekend as I haven’t been out on the bike for a little bit due to revising for my chartership assessment this week.

salome33
    Free Member

bwaarp – ping me an email (in profile) and lets see if we can sort something out in the future

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘anyone fancy a trip to cannock chase? from ox bucks’ is closed to new replies.