Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • anyone ever set up a hackintosh (on an amd processor)?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i’ve got a stop gap pc heading my way, bit of an ebuyer special deal, thats running an amd a6 quad core processor.

i need to get an os for it, hence my post yesterday, but a quick cursory google seems to indicate that amd chips can with a bit of tweaking work with mac osx.

anyone have any experience good/bad/indifferent?

brassneck

No it doesn’t work on AMD to the best of my knowledge to any extent that you’d be able to use the computer. 1st patch cycle and it’ll go boom in my opinion.

If you want a hackintosh to use, follow a buyers guide off TonyMac for your components. If you want to do it for fun & knowledge then fire away.

I went a bit experimental with a Shuttle PC (they have their own MB but chipsets suggested it’d work), but stuck with known good video card (this was before HD4000 was supported as an option and I wanted something with a bit of grunt, so got an HD5750) and processors. Even a DVD drive for gawds sake gave me hassle when I strayed from the tried and tested list. The system, was good, fast, cheap and eventually stable, but in the end keeping on top of the patching was pain I didn’t need from my home (i.e. shared) computer so I replaced it with a Mac Mini.

I’d go Mint Linux or vanilla Ubuntu if you’re religiously opposed to Windows, Win 7 if not. CentOS if you want a rock solid free linux server.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘anyone ever set up a hackintosh (on an amd processor)?’ is closed to new replies.