Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Anyone ever owned NAD stereo equipment? :-)
  • SST
    Free Member

I was at a friends house the other day and saw a NAD turntable stored in a backroom.

It reminded me that in 1982, with some help from my dad, I bought a NAD turntable, 2 NAD tape decks and a NAD Amplifier. The recomended speakers (via the NAD shop) were Acoustic Research – and connected with "monster cable"

It was an ace setup back then – and incredibly loud 🙂

Dino
    Free Member

Yep had a Nad amp or two in the past.
    Not as well made these days, but did always like the plain look and simplicity.
    have Arcam and Bowers and Wilkins gear these days but with the digital world not sure for how much longer.

GrandWazooo
    Free Member

I have a NAD CD player and a NAD amp – oh yes, and AR Speakers. I think I got the lot new in about '99

Alas the NAD stuff didnt last the year before both components bit the dust (and its not like I ever had it up to 5 let alone 11).

the AR Floorstanders I have are still going strong though and sound lovely.

zokes
    Free Member

Dad had a NAD CD player that lasted about 15 years, and has a later tuner still going strong. Nice stuff, but never really ticked the right boxes when I sound-tested my Arcam / TEAC / Denon / Castle lot 10 years ago. Arcam amp now expired, so may be looking for more soon, and a NAD is fairly high on the list…

peteroughton169
    Free Member

yep, had a nad amp, it was my first ever seperate, and it rocked my folks house! 😀 wish they did a hdmi equipped reciever

isibson
    Free Member

I had a NAD S300…

That was a great amp.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Are they still good or just another RS badge now?

brakes
    Free Member

I have a NAD DVD player – it's pretty crap

isibson
    Free Member

NAD are a part of the Lenbrook group, based in canada. They still produce good quality stuff much as they always did, and Bjorn Erik Edvardsen (the man behind the amplifiers that they became famous for) still has significant technical input.

johnners
    Free Member

My Marantz CD player, Dual turntable, B&W speakers and NAD amp are all well over 20 years and still going strong. The amp's a 3130, one of the budget amps of choice back in the olden days!

teagirl
    Free Member

I've got an Acoustic Research turntable, in the garage, if anyone fancies it. It was a fine piece of equipment and I'm going to sell it.

CHB

I have two NAD amps. Still going strong after 16 years.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

NAD amp and cd player here. 5 years on and no complaints.

fackit
    Free Member

Got a nad amp and cd player, i like the understated design but knackered a cd drawer, really easily once. good sound, crap build quality.

That's a nice set-up indeed..

Dudie
    Free Member

NAD 302 amp still in active service here. Must be pushing 16-17 years old and still sounds great. Got a NAD 6325 tape deck plugged into it but that rarely gets used.

speed12
    Free Member

NAD C521 CD and C350 Amp here. Both coming up to 7 years old now and apart from the remote controls randomly dying, they sound and work just as great as they did when I bought them. Hooked up to B&W 602 speakers.

Creg

Got a NAD setup that was bought second hand from a shop in York.

Have it wired into the TV and it sounds great 😀

bomberman
    Free Member

Still rocking the NAD amp i bought in my first year at uni 11 years ago

sq225917
    Free Member

had a 3020 many many moons ago.

spoon
    Free Member

I'm currently listening to a 3020e inherited from my dad, its been to uni and is still going strong powering some B&W 601s… V nice, bit bassy..

geoffj

I've got an Acoustic Research turntable, in the garage, if anyone fancies it. It was a fine piece of equipment and I'm going to sell it.

Me too EB101 IIRC 🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

my NAD turntable bought in 1996 is still going strong, along with the cambridge audio amp and tannoy speakers i got at the same time.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

NAD 312 amp and 502 cd player here, both old, still sounds nice to me

I like grey

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Still have my 3130 amp with Dual turntable and B&W DM110s – all bought in 1986. My slightly later Mission PCM CD has more or less packed in though – so I got a NAD Cd player off Ebay – which actually sounds a lot better.

Tweater on one of the speakers is on the way out now though…

nicko74

NAD C320BEE and C521BEE (IIRC) in silver, with matching tuner. Not bad at all, paired with Kef Q1 speakers. I traded them in in the end tho for an Arcam Solo. Nice – but I am tempted by some new Wharfedale 10.1 speakers…

johnners
    Free Member

Still have my 3130 amp with Dual turntable and B&W DM110s – all bought in 1986

That's about when I bought my identical combo! Wasn't one of the package deals from Sevenoaks HiFi was it?

Raindog
    Free Member

teagirl – Member

What's a turntable granny ? 🙂

michaelbowden

currently listening to to a Nad C270 power via a Rega Pre and 30 ish year old Celestion Ditton 44's.

scuttler

NAD amp from 1990 still going strong. Also a Philips CD610 from the same era. The missus made me dump the boxy black Mission speakers on nasty metal stands from the same era for some Mordaunt Short Avant floor standers but they are ace.

Clobber
    Free Member

Got a nad viso two….

it is unbelievably good…

stumpy01

Bought a NAD 3020i from Richer Sounds in about 1994. At the time coupled to a pair of Wharfedale Diamond speakers & an Aiwa ADF-450 tape deck.
    Then got a Luxman CD player about a year later and some better speakers.

Originally I went for KEF Coda 7's but they had loads of issue with manufacturing quality and the funny shaped baffle kept vibrating loose (apparently they were glued on). Tried 4 pairs of them, before finally getting some TDL RTLII's (Mk II).

All still working and still sounds great. Always wanted to get a NAD 902 power amp to add to the little 3020i, but the only time I ever saw one (on eBay) I got outbid at the last minute as I wasn't around to keep an eye on it.

slowjo
    Free Member

Had one of their first CD players. It died after about 5 years 🙁

ski
    Free Member

I have an old 3020i amp going if anyone wants one, not been used since my house move, bit scratched up but in working order.

Again bought from Richer Sounds, c/w Tanoy speakers and a Marandz CD62, all in for £250 I think?

Student loan, thank you very much 😉

souldrummer
    Free Member

Yeah I've got a NAD amp. Dread to imagine how old it is now but it's still going strong. Somewhere in my cellar I also have some AR7s bought from Aercos in Woking in 1974. They were still doing active service (albeit with new bass drivers) up until a few years ago.

colnagokid

Ive still got a 3020i, and its still going strong after nearly 20 years!
    Not sure ive got me speaker cables pointing in the right way tho! 😉

Keva
    Free Member

I have a NAD 3020 (I think 40w)amp which had it's 20th birthday last September, still going strong and has been in use constantly.

I did have a NAD CD player for a few years from '99-'04 but it was broken at a New Years Eve party 😳 Replaced that with a Cambridge Audio one which sounds better anyway. Run both with Ruark Epiologue speakers. Sounds good enough for me.

Kev

mst
    Free Member

Still got my 3130 that I got 21 years ago. It's had a small amount of work to it, but still gives out good sound

Was connected to a Technics tape deck, but it's got a squeezebox connected to it.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

@ johnners – LOL yep, Sevenoaks Hifi deal.

jond
    Free Member

Got a 6 channel/3 channel stereo thing off fleabay some time ago – 906 IIRC – to plumb into the house. (We've got speaker brackets in several rooms c/o the previous occupants.)

simon1975

Bought myself a 3020 dating from 1985 off ebay last year. Best £25 I ever spent! Proper dirty bass 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ever owned NAD stereo equipment? :-)’ is closed to new replies.