Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anyone ever had a pair of Oakley's repaired?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

I’ve just scraped the lens on my Oakley’s when I dropped them on the road. They’re EVZeros so I don’t think I can change the lens.

Has anyone ever had Oakley’s with non-replaceable lens repaired and if so who did it?

sandboy

Speak to Oakley. Over the years I’ve been amazed by their customer service.

Davesport

Wot sandboy said.I sent a pair back after breaking one of the legs. Less than a week later they were back. Completely new frames with my old lenses.

D.

awh
    Free Member

Definitely speak to Oakley. Even if they can’t repair they’ll likely sell you a new set at a discounted price.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Have had couple pairs repaired over the years they are great the last pair I sent them were so old as in 12years they had no spares so offer me a new pair for £45 which was a bargain so took it as said above ring them up.

vinnyeh

I’ve had bent and broken frames replaced- they reuse the old lenses, so I would guess that they could easily do the opposite- fit new lenses to old frames.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup, my Silver frames discoloured, (and despite a certain well known ‘celebrity’ 🙄 (in his own mind) on here saying that they thought they where fakes, they weren’t) Oakley replaced them FOC..
    Spot on customer service imho..

singletracksurfer

As others have said, superb service. Nit lens replacement, but I snapped the frame, my fault, but they just replaces them, focus, no questions.

BTW what do you think of the evzero? I fancy a pair of Photochromic ones, and hear this design doesn’t fog up.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Ah, sounds promising then! I have contacted them via their web form, will see what they come back with.

Re. The design of EVZero, I really like my Smith ones of a similar design but liked the prizm lens on my Jawbreakers. But the frame on the Jawbreakers just felt a bit enclosed. They’ve not fogged up whilst I’ve used them but still get a bit sweaty when it’s hot. They do come with two nose pieces and the chunky one sits them further off my nose (probably designed for people with thin noses rather than to move them up), so that might improve ventilation – not that I feel it’s needed. I guess fogging might depend on the shape of your face and how the air flows?

I like, but YMMV as they say

jimdubleyou

I had some shiny new flak 2.0s with fancy prism lenses. Scratched the lens first weekend out riding 🙁

What are they like at fixing crack-handed-ness?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Well, maybe they’re not quite as helpful as they once were. I gave them a call but with it not being a warranty issue, all the lady could do was send me a 30% discount code….. Which given that it’s 30% on full rrp on their website, I can still buy a new set cheaper elsewhere so I may as well do that 🙁

Anyone interested in buying a scratched pair of EVzeros for sizing purposes 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Shame. Was always a really strong point of theirs. How badly are they scratched? Can’t you just use them…?

that said, 30% discount for being clumsy isn’t too bad!

razorrazoo

To be fair the cost is more in the lenses I would have thought. I’ve had a set of frames replaced no questions asked due to failure, but would not expect to return a scratched lens for a new one FoC.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

No, I didn’t but whats the point even in a discount when clearly a lot of the shops are already getting a better deal – to be able to sell them cheaper than rrp minus 30percent?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

That’s not good always thought as they were so expensive it was all in the price with a good cheap replacement but if they are being that tight not worth buying oakleys anymore have two old pairs of M-frames do use Endura ones which are good that cost £40 at the time.

bigblackshed

Sorry to say but lenses have never been covered by warranty, officially. They will generally replace frames if they have them in stock, normally for a nominal fee to renew your warranty period. Last time I used it the fee was £10.

-30% off new lenses isn’t bad to be fair. Are the lenses you can buy elsewhere genuine?

njee20
    Free Member

You can’t buy replacement EV-Zero lenses at all, they’re integral.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Sent my Juliets off last year as the nose gasket was loose ,Ive had them for 13 years (titanium frames ) Oakley said they would repair the gasket and fit new rubbers for £26 inc return shipping ..

Emailed me back after 3 days telling me they were repaired on en route free of charge !! Customer service overload 13 year warranty on Juliets .just need to get some ruby lenses 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

You’re paying for replacements in the price, so just send off and get replaced.

Or just buy Bolle safety specs for £6 a time. Scratch them, lose them, whatever, buy another, and another, and another. 😉

fatmax

Don’t think you can complain about their offer – it wasn’t their fault!
    Always had brilliant customer service off them in the past, to the extent that I wouldn’t buy anything else – including frames that I broke, and frames that my folks had bought in Singapore.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Yeah, I know it was a loss of blood to my brain when I chucked them on the tarmac like a wally. Guess I was lucky a car wasn’t driving along behind me and obliterating them into a million pieces! I can’t quite decide if I can see the chip right in the eye line or not when I’m wearing them.

I just think the 30percent discount was ultimately a bit pointless when I can still get them cheaper elsewhere. Surely they know that too

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ever had a pair of Oakley's repaired?’ is closed to new replies.