Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Anyone else's lawn absolutely knackered?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

It’s just complete bog in places. Balder in parts than the top of my head. **** comes to mind!

slackalice
    Free Member

Very green and STILL growing…. Had to cut it again just before Xmas. Tropical East Anglia here 🙂

alanl
    Free Member

With 6 ducks and 3 chickens in the garden, yes, it is trashed more than normal this year. Half of it is fenced off from the ducks now, as it’ll just be mud if they go on it any more.

willard

Two dogs means that our lawn gets ruined in the wetter parts of the year. And the drier parts too to be honest. Right now it’s boggy as hell and has large muddy patches in.

bikebouy
    Free Member

YES!
    Mines a swamp. If I look hard enough I’m sure theres a Croc in there and Hillbilly Hick Town fishing shack.

😆

andysredmini
    Free Member

Mine is. New lawn layer last year that was immaculate. The Badgers were digging at the end of the summer and left it in a right mess. I gave it what I thought was its last cut for winter but it’s about 6″ long and still growing. I’m leaving it for now and will worry about it when the weather picks up.

scaredypants

Ours is **** because of the rabbit run – more specifically, the kids walking over the grass to put the rabbits out

The tracks of 4″ fat tyres, testing new gears are NOT **** 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

A moss infested swamp.

thepurist

Growing like mad, needs a cut but too wet to get the mower on it. It’ll need some tlc to get it into shape for the spring.

trail_rat
    Free Member

someone keeps driving bfg MTs over part of mine…. looks like a swamp . plus its been under water most of the week……

probably lay some of them geo grid tiles that let grass grow through but provide hard standing for motors….

molgrips
    Free Member

Mine is small, clay-ey and shaded. Last year (or year before) loads of it died due to extreme wetness, so I top dressed it and seeded it loads this year. Came back a bit, but now it’s shit again.

A clematis came down too, left it a few days to stop raining before going out to clear it up and it killed the grass it was lying on so now there is a big stripe of bare mud. Still that’s on the sunny side so should come back in the summer.

Last cut it mid December!

porter_jamie

My lawn looks as lush as a golf course. It’s silly. Needs mowing again

ferrals
    Free Member

I was too busy racing cross to mow my lawn since the beginning of September, so yes it’s a state. Still I feel vindicated as its so f-ed with the water, not mowing makes no odds.

windyg
    Free Member

I have a lovely perfect green lawn but I am a gardener so my garden is expected to look good.
    Had a couple of new customers last year who had wrecked their lawns but they will have nice lawns through winter now.
    I was still mowing and laying turf into Dec which really didn’t seem right.

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

Mine is like thick green snow, except the squelch is the mud oozing through.

ThePinkster

I’m sure we’ve got a lawn out there somewhere, underneath all the mud & water but I’m not expecting much from it over the next few months.

I don’t suppose the dogs & keeping chickens down the bottom of it helps either.

MoreCashThanDash

A moss infested swamp.

This.

Though we wandered over to Shipley Park this afternoon. They’d had a big cross country running event on all day. No idea how many runners and races had been through but the main big field has no visible grass left on it. Just 2-3 acres of muddy ooze.

Alphabet

Ours was under a foot of water on Boxing day and our 6 ducks and 2 chickens aren’t doing it any favours at the moment.

andyl
    Free Member

small puddle

thecaptain
    Free Member

Times like this I appreciate a bit of concrete/gravel and terracing on a free draining hillside. Not that we’ve had the weather to appreciate the garden recently, but it’s not a reenactment of the Somme for 6 months like most of my relatives’ are.

paladin

Baron of Abergeldies lawn is a bit trashed….

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

As above, lush and grass too long. Crazy to be thinking about mowing at this time of year!

ahwiles
    Free Member

Sometimes, there are plus points of being too poor to afford a proper house.

Don’t got no garden innit.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Very green and STILL growing…. Had to cut it again just before Xmas.

+1

BillMC

+1 plus bulbs coming up

jimmy

Nothing new to add here – wet, mossy, growing. Was pondering this morning that I can’t wait to get it mowed and scarified in spring, this being it’s 2nd full year I have high hopes of lushness.

stumpy01

I extended ours by getting rid of a load of slabs the previous owner had down for a greenhouse and pots about 15 months ago.
    Seems to be coping well at the moment, but haven’t cut it since October as it’s too wet. Its really long. Hopefully cutting it in the spring won’t ruin it…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I spent 15yrs trying to get a North facing lawn, shaded by neighbours stupidly tall conifers, to grow. Every spring I would kill the moss & reseed only for it to die off every autumn.
    I gave up last spring & had it ripped out flagged over, best thing I’ve done. We now have a useable space that we can enjoy. Took out an old Hawthorn tree, replaced a fence and got some pots with nice plants, so much better.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m sure I’ve just seen a snorkel and a shark fin swim past on the lawn 🙄

MoreCashThanDash

Huge clumps of daffodils flowering along the roadsides this morning around Derby.

It’s not right I tell thee…..

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Hoovered our artificial turf in late November. Still looks nice an neat out there now. Kids even able to play out on their hover boards through the christmas period. It’s soft, it holds the heat in the summer, it’s clean and I spent as much in the 7 yrs previously as I attempted to keep a lawn as I did laying the artificial turf.

Wife and I agree, it’s the best few grand we ever spent

P-Jay
    Free Member

Back is under 10cm of water at the moment, not unusual really – our house was built on a former brownfield site and I don’t believe they ever took out the concrete base – 30cm of top soil over a solid base.

Front ‘lawn’ is currently washing across the path.

6 years I’ve tried to create a lawn of any type, be glad to be gone by Spring.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Back is under 10cm of water at the moment, not unusual really – our house was built on a former brownfield site and I don’t believe they ever took out the concrete base – 30cm of top soil over a solid base.

Front ‘lawn’ is currently washing across the path.

6 years I’ve tried to create a lawn of any type, be glad to be gone by Spring.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Part of our lawn hasn’t been trashed by the hens – because it’s been mostly under water the last couple of months.The bit that’s not under water just sucks your feet into the mud if you stand still for more than a second. Let’s hope we sell the house and can move soon!

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else's lawn absolutely knackered?’ is closed to new replies.