Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone else riding the cx sportive on Sunday?
  • aP
    Free Member

Should be a nice little run 😉

MrSparkle

No but it looks ace!

singletracksurfer

where?

Jason
    Free Member

I am doing the 100km route. I am taking the mtb this time, the only cx bike I have is a ss and I found it a bit spinny on the last one of these.

The route looks good, I think there is more off road than the last one. Plus a nice hill at the start to warm up on.

Weather should be good too.

Jason
    Free Member

I thought that was a very good route, obviously helped by the fantastic weather. The course seemed to suit mtb and cx bikes equally, I am not sure which was best? I was pleased with my decision to take the mtb, I think the SS CX bike would have been hard work – tough on the climbs and mega spinney on the roads. Having fatter tyres was a bonus on some of the descents.

The signage generally seemed to be very good, although a few signs had disappeared around the course, the GPS helped on these bits. I still managed one wrong turn.

The little party happening on the Ridgeway was a surprise, I thought I was hallucinating as I rode through the crowds!

I got around the long route in just over 5 hours, it would have been a bit faster but I put a big cut into my tubeless rear tyre about halfway around, it almost sealed but in the end it needed an inner tube fitting.

A good day out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else riding the cx sportive on Sunday?’ is closed to new replies.