Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • anyone else riding into 2011?
  • rOcKeTdOg

tenuous plans for a night ride on the 31st past midnight into 2011, anyone else planning it or have you all got parties to go to?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

That is a great idea, but I expect the GF will object so unlikely.

rOcKeTdOg

i’m ok on that score, shame it’s forecast to be foggy and drizzly

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    keyses2

i’m considering it

Trekster

working on 1st @ 6am 🙄
    biking on 2nd 😆
    D&G stw Mabie ride

rOcKeTdOg

From txts looks like I might have a 2010-2011 ride buddy 🙂

langy
    Free Member

wanted to but wife arranged something to go stay with friends as “we have nothing on”. Nowt like asking, eh? 🙄

rOcKeTdOg

Take your bike with you?

PiknMix
    Free Member

I wasn’t planning on it but thinking about it, it’s a great idea. I will only be sitting at home on my jack anyway.

Might swing past town on the way home and laugh at all the wasted revellers.

rOcKeTdOg

that’s a thought, but i’m hoping to plan a route away from possible drunken drivers ans stay off road as much as i can, althought a nice pic of bikes near a big clock at midnight is also one of my ideas

Karinofnine

It’s a great idea, was planning to just go to bed at usual time but a night ride would be good, just not sure if I want to go by myself tho..

Mackem

I’m thinking about riding to the top of a local hill, where there’ll be a good view of the new year fireworks, have a few swigs of brandy then hoon back down home.

rOcKeTdOg

Sounds a great plan Mackem

Someone here will join you Karin I’m sure

thomthumb
    Free Member

wanted to but wife arranged something to go stay with friends as “we have nothing on”. Nowt like asking, eh?

take the bike and the turbo 😉

Karinofnine

You could ride from Warwick and I ride from Biggin Hill? Only joking, too far 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Yes, slightly too far, I’d need a bigger hipflask for that distance!

Karinofnine

😆

Waderider
    Free Member

I have received permission to do this with a pal, but truth is I don’t think I could leave my wife alone to suffer her parents at the bells 😥

samuri
    Free Member

Nah. I’m planning to get drunk and see if I can get in trouble by flirting with a neighbour at a party at our house.

coastkid
    Free Member

Will proberly do the half hour ride up the local Garlton Hill if a clear-ish night and watch the fireworks up at Edinburgh and around the county while emptying the hip flask then wobble back down and home for more 😮

Mackem

Well, anyone who gets themselves to Bilbao is welcome to join me.

rOcKeTdOg

tempting, but no, i’d rather plough through the muddy dirge on a dirty rainy night in the UK

oh,…wait a sec… 🙁

Mackem

It’s muddy here too. Slightly warmer mud though.

rOcKeTdOg

it’s almost 4 degrees here i’ll have you know!

Mackem

A chilly 15 here brrrrrr.

rOcKeTdOg

Must be awful

BigJohn

Mrs BigJohn & I will be going to the pub on our bikes on New Years Eve, but will probably coming back about 2-ish. I suppose nipping out about 5 to 12 for a 10 min pootle will eliminate the gross insincerity overload and being kissed by ugly women, both of which usually happen about then, for no discernible reason as far as I can tell.

rOcKeTdOg

which pub big john, i might pop in and stand in for you at midnight 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ll be riding on the 1st but would rather see the new year in with my wife and son.

Nice idea though.

Teifiterror
    Free Member

Will be seeing the new year in by bivvying out with some mates up some damp moor somewhere, definitely an improvement over the predictable house party I think!

rOcKeTdOg

We’re having fireworks too apparently…..what could possibly go wrong?

rOcKeTdOg

preparations are underway

365/364 30/12/10 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Where are you planning on doing this rocketdog ?
    I’ve got an early finish tonight and will be leaving work in Kidderminster at about 10pm.
    For some reason, I had an idea that you are from Bromsgrove, which wouldn’t be too far to meet up.
    Now there’s mention of Warwick though, which is a bit far.

Anyone fancy a Wyre Forest midnight ride ?

BigJohn

SprocketCog – when I say ugly I mean ugly. And old.

So I’m not telling you which pub 8)

DavidB
    Free Member

It’s New Year’s Eve and I’ve donned my wetsuit

singletrackmind

Just got in from a quick 90 min loop . Fireworks a plenty already , plus crazed drivers rushing to pub or party . Overdressed again , it was almost dry and mud free too touch chilly for te first 15 mins then nice and warm.
    Reasonable ride considering my 0530 start at work today.
    Dont think i will make midnight , a few pints then sleep i reckon.

takisawa2

Not brave/foolish enough to ask the missus me.
    But planning a pre-dawn start at Cannock & toast the dawn from that viewpoint on the Monkey trail.

molgrips
    Free Member

Not going out and probably not even staying up, so tempted to go for a road ride early tomorrow morning. Hopefully there won’t be any drunk drivers, but it’s still a worry 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

just had am 1.5hr sleep to prepare 🙂 currently 5 degrees so will be earing a lot less than the last fe snow rides that’s for sure

just need to slice the date and walnut cake and i’m ready

MTQG it’ll be the NW Alps tonight and if i’m awake there is another ride planned by locals at 9.30am so will try to make that too

rOcKeTdOg

Oops. SOrry just got back and missed that

Happy new year!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘anyone else riding into 2011?’ is closed to new replies.