Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anyone else let down by Royal Mail?
  • dannybgoode

Ordered a Switch for babybgoode on Friday and it was sent RM 24 hour special delivery however it appears to be still at the RDC in London.

Anyone else missing anything and have you had any luck contacting them?

scaredypants

is 24hr special a weekend delivery, or next working day ?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Not RM, but DPD have royaly tucked me up. Ordered 15 very high end laptops for a job over Xmas, due for delivery on the 20th, finally got delivery time for yesterday – waited in work till 7pm on my day off, it kept saying ‘you’re next’ ‘15 mins’ and finally “sorry we missed you”.

dannybgoode

Was guaranteed for today. They offer a weekend guaranteed service.

neilwheel
    Free Member

At least once a week when the regular postie is not working.

Last time I complained, the staff sounded miserable and generally defeated.

Drac

Nope been brilliant as have DPD, Yodel and Hermes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

All my stuff got here but i did order earlier

Got to expect longer /poorer service over xmas run in but i would be annoyed p though not entirely surprised] that I did not get next day delivery

chestrockwell

Never had a problem in the past but in the last six months they have managed to lose a couple of packages.

andyl
    Free Member

had to get the OH to send me some thermocouples to where I was working the other day. Paid £18 for before 9am special delivery. Tracking said it was en route to the local depot at 5am. They were finally delivered at around 11.30am after I had given up waiting and used some other types as we needed to assemble the test part. They had already refunded the postage as she called to complain before 11.

andyl
    Free Member

fair play to Amazon’s couriers though, ordered some stuff on Monday with free postage which was delivered yesterday by RM. Didn’t like the cookery book I ordered for the OH on flicking through it so ordered another one with the free prime trial and it arrived today.

Drac

Prime is ace.

fossy

Nope fine, and Amazon and DPD. Got loads of family gifts via amazon.

Apparently there were thefts from batches at the local Royal Mail delivery offices, and one of the presents from my daughter to me never arrived, but the seller re-imbursed her.

It’s a bit late for getting important gifts delivered..

dannybgoode

This was through Amazon but they clearly don’t trust their own drivers with such things!

At least I know they’ve got a bulletproof returns service so just seeing if I can find it via another source.

Bloody stupid really. We weren’t even going to get it him and now we’re panicking that it’s not going to be get for ‘the day’.

andyl
    Free Member

Prime is ace.

6 month free trial of prime student and then £39 a year is even better. Shame the OH just renewed her full price prime. doh!

maccruiskeen

Everything that I’ve had via Royal Mail 24hr Tracked this week has turned up 24-48 hours late. Going to see if I can claim back the postage back via the vendor as it adds up to nearly £30 for the same level of service as they’d have got if they’d used 4 second class stamps.

tomhoward

Sent 2 lifestyle devices packages yesterday RM, told the lady in the post office they needed to arrive today, did Special Delivery by 1pm. Had to pay extra for Saturday delivery (£3) though

Both arrived today, so no complaints here.

craigxxl
    Free Member

RM special delivery guaranteed before 1pm should have delivered Wednesday. Nothing arrived by 1pm, tracking info not updated so called them up. Told it was a fault in their system why it hadn’t been updated but my parcel was out for delivery and I would get it. Waited at the official for the delivery until 6pm but nothing arrived. Thursday the system was updated to say at 11am they had tried to delivery and the parcel was taken back to the sorting office. Phoned the helpline to see how I could collect it with a missed delivery card and told I can’t only reschedule it for when the office reopens in the New Year.

dannybgoode

Well there’s now a rather forlorn message on Amazon’s order tracker that says the think it may be lost.

Ah well at least I know there’ll be no issue getting a refund and currently sat at a retail park to pick one up from elsewhere.

Proper first world kind of shit this…

Drac

Good luck I don’t envy you I hate it when Xmas sneaks up on you, there should be more warnings it’s coming.

LeeW

Had a Christmas gift left in my ‘safe place’ 3 weeks ago, (I don’t have a safe place, I have a porch which is open to all and sundry and about as safe as walking through North Korea naked and piddling up statues).

Contacted the retailer, they’ve done all they can but still haven’t dispatched a replacement even though they have promised to several times over the last week.

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

My mum didn’t get her Christmas card I sent a week and half ago. First class postage as well! Sister did though. Not quite the same I know.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else let down by Royal Mail?’ is closed to new replies.