Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Anyone else just get soaked?
  • gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Holy….moly!

Just got back from the 45 minute blast from work – total downpour conditions in the Wellingborough area! I could barely see ( 8) ) !

Shoes filled with water, everything apart from an 10″ patch of my boxers soaked.

Normally I’d just stick shorts on and flip-flops, but today of all days I was in workman’s trousers and steel-toed shoes.

Into the bath, with some incense for a soak.

“Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.”

Cougar

Kid next door is running round with a supersoaker, just challenged me to a water fight.

I won though, me and my kettle.

Bregante

I won though, me and my kettle.

Off to the burns unit?

danielgroves
    Free Member

Yup, I did. Nothing a nice hot shoer can’t fix though.

Went in today wearing the waterproof short and my winter boots, so nice ‘n dry from the waist down. Jersey will just be chucked in the wash and a new one used tomorrow.

Cougar

Off to the burns unit?

Weird place, that. Full of people reciting ancient Scottish poetry.

Bregante

🙂

toby1

Got wet cycling back from the pub at lunch, but the ride home was dry and still sticky. Good that I don’t need to water the garden though 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

A couple of years back:

Mike “Let’s go riding!”
    Sam: “It’s raining – we can’t.”
    Mike “Is it raining fire?”
    Sam “…”
    Sam “I’ll get my bike.”

CountZero

Off to the burns unit?

Are there any tickets left?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

No, but have a feeling I will be in about half an hour, yippee the mud’s back! 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

It did that about 5am this morning here. Woke me up, had to get up to close the windows!

DezB
    Free Member

Hottest ride of the year, no contest 🙂

When the manholes started lifting at our pre-ride meet – we went to the pub!

CountZero

Sorry, my ticket joke missed by a mile, it was a music reference: http://www.theburnsunitband.com/
    😳

Cougar

Ah. Worthy of an explanation, I’d never heard of them!

CountZero

When the manholes started lifting at our pre-ride meet – we went to the pub!

😯
    Good choice!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Lots of rain all around but managed to miss it thankfully!

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Yep, didn’t know if it would be easier to swim home instead of cycling, but now sat here with steak and a beer and a huge stupid grin, I love commuting…..

trusty

Dry ride tonight until I headed back. One minute throwing it down, 100 meters up the road bone dry. Bizarre.

MoreCashThanDash

Our rain gauge showing half an inch in about an hour – have a feeling TheArtistetc isn’t that far away from us though from some of his posts

midlifecrashes

Thought I’d use the long day for an exploring ride, trying out new lanes and canals to make better loops. Rain started about twenty five miles from home not knowing a good route back in unfamiliar territory, then my backup route was head high with Hogweed and bar high nettles and the grass on the good bit was up to my arse. Utterly soaked through but at least it was never cold, on my second beer after a soak in the bath so all good.

maxtorque

gofasterstripes

apart from an 10″ patch of my boxers soaked.

Didn’t your mum tell you that bragging isn’t an endearing trait…….. 😉

br
    Free Member

Our Midsummer Night Ride tonight (yes I know it’s officially tomorrow) wasn’t as wet nor cold as last year – but it still pi55ed it down.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Just back from the post ride pint in the pub where we were asked to stand a the bar rather than sit on anything! It was a very wet and muddy ride out in the Peak this evening – didn’t see anyone else, just a lot of toads and geese.

Couple of new trails, mud, puddles and rain, but what a hoot.

NZCol

We had a bit of massive storm last night, the wind speed reading on my weatherstation was a mean of 142kmh at one point and a gust of 223kmh !

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Dry as a bone this evening in Darwen 🙂

NZCol

Some intense photos here, a mate of mine has fish in his garden that I would imagine came from the sea – 75 metres away !
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/photos/8822612/Storm-batters-Wellington

Drac

Rain I remember that stuff but not seen it for a long time. Must be a southern thing.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

It has to be said Col:

Fish : Beached as, bro.

For the uninitiated

EDIT – I hope all you Kiwis are OK – I wanna move there!

Our rain gauge showing half an inch in about an hour – have a feeling TheArtistetc isn’t that far away from us though from some of his posts

Darley Dale, nr Matlock – although last night’s ride was due to start at Fritchley nr Ambergate!

MoreCashThanDash

@artist
    Halfway then, I’m near Ilkeston

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else just get soaked?’ is closed to new replies.