Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Anyone else ill and can't ride :-(
  • Hadge
    Free Member

Just when I've got a a demo bike booked too I've come down with a virus that has had my head feeling like it's going explode and now I'm running the loo and don't know which end empty first 🙁 At least I should be quicker when I get back riding as I'm getting quicker up the stairs and I'll be a bit lighter lol. And it's my bloody birthday tomorrow grrrrr.

tragically1969
    Free Member

No, i am injured and cant ride, at least you will be better in a few days !

badnewz
    Free Member

Just recovering from this now, been ill since sunday, so for me it took four days. Lost 3/4 of a stone, but doubt that will benefit my riding as strength wise I've been hit for six. And it was my bloody birthday last week!

firestarter
    Free Member

ive had two ops ive been off the bike about five weeks now and still not riding 🙁

flatfish
    Free Member

been ill for just over a week, the kids gave me hand, foot and mouth then when i got shot of that i got a cold which seems to be on the wain now. maybe riding by saturday. hopefully

neil853
    Free Member

had a bad cold for a week now, seeing the end of the tunnel however. missing the ride to work 😥

easygroove
    Free Member

had a hernia op last Thurs (1 weeks ago) and am in agony – having had a knee reconstruction several yrs ago, the hernia op has redefined pain barrier for me. No riding for a few weeks for me:-(

Hadge
    Free Member

My riding last year was really decimated by an injury and I'm hoping this year will be much better so I sympathise with all those suffering injured or recovering now – at least my illness will be gone soon.

Aqualisa
    Free Member

yes, and it sucks 🙁

iget all fidgety if i haven't ridden for a few days

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yes. Not ridden for nearly 3 weeks now. First gastroenteritis, then followed on by a cold that turned into a sinus infection. Got lots of drugs. Feel like poo. Bugger.

atlaz
    Free Member

Knackered my back 2 weeks ago, still getting twinges from it. Want to ride, not sure it's too clever.

oldgit
    Free Member

I'm fine now, but there's a few hours before the weekend starts so plenty of time to get man-flu.

GJP
    Free Member

Not ridden since Xmas. I have had virus after virus each hitting my chest badly and triggering my Asthma. Depressed as **** as well and no matter how many pill I pop nothing is helping a great deal.

I have pretty much got to the point now where I can barely be bothered about biking anymore- serious loss of biking mojo. I even enquired about joining a Golf club last weekend before I need to buy larger trousers!

warpcow
    Free Member

Yep, full on man-flu. 5 days off, first weekend without snow since November, sun forecast. I must have been naughty in a past life.

mtbfix

I've managed to get out about twice in the past fortnight after a bout of gastric flu was backed up by a stinking cold. Last day at work today so I rode in anyway as the sun was shining and I figured it wouldn't kill me.

tandemwarriors

Am off work but not 'ill', just lost my voice! Not much use as a driving instructor who can only say "squeak" !
    Also means Mrs Tandemwarriors can't be argued with, but she is the boss anyway!

Croaky Rob

radoggair
    Free Member

if you still had you merlin paul i would gladly of took it of you

Amos
    Free Member

Full of snot and rubbish ashmatic so this makes breathing tricky so can't ride my 575 you sold me! which FYI I am still loving 😀

Hadge
    Free Member

Yeah glad you still like the 575. I think it was a bit too big for me and I could have got away with a small but they are a nice bike and our shop has sold loads and I love the new colour scheme for them.

Ahh the Merlin – I would gladly take it off me too radoggair 🙁 I really do think it was the nicest looking bike I ever built and owned and I hated selling it but not knowing if my injury was going get better, I thought selling was good sense – at the time. That's life I guess, easy come easy go.

stevomcd
    Free Member

It is pounding down with snow outside and I am stuck inside with manflu when I should be out snowboarding.

I am seriously p*ssed-off about this as I've been working my ar$e off all winter studying/training for exams. I passed last week and should finally have some free time now. 👿

skiprat
    Free Member

Had carpal tunnel op 12 days ago and just had my stitches out this morning. Its all looking ok but i did react to the iodine they put on.

Now got granny hand and arm….skins peeling off and arm is wasting away due to lack of use. Hoping that should be ok to ride in about 6 weeks….

…we'll see.

grumm
    Free Member

Been ill for about 7 months now (CFS/ME) and barely managed one easy ride. Hopefully one day I will be able to go out riding regularly again but god knows when that will be.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

no riding for 6 months now and prob a good 4-6 months till I can ride again…. great 🙁

neninja
    Free Member

As above – got a cold which has set off my asthma. My ride last night started well but turned into a very slow crawl back. Think I'll wait until my chest has cleared until I go out again. Hopefully at the weekend.

Pretty lightweight excuse compared to some of you

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

pollox… as many may know I have nacked spine around the neck, now found out I have a nacked lower spine as well, think I can scrub this whole year of riding, where's that knitting needle

Bunnyhop

Same as grum ^^ . I've been off the bike (solo) since beginning of February, have been on 3 tandem rides as stoker since then, which helps keep me sane.

tandemwarriors

been on 3 tandem rides as stoker since then, which helps keep me saneinsane.

ah, spotted at wee typo there bunnyhop, fixed it for you.

Rob

PS thanks for the email, Sandy will be on the case later.

coatesy
    Free Member

Look on the bright side, the weather's p*ss awful outside, better to miss out now than when it eventually brightens up.

Johnbot
    Free Member

Nope, fully fit and just back in from my evening ride. Woop. 🙂

ddmonkey

Yes Hadge I have had the same thing this week, its probably Norovirus. Going round like wildfire at the moment. My head hurt so much on Monday I couldn't get out of bed. Still feeling the effects now. Its really infectious so only way around it is to lie low, clean everything and wash your hands like you've got OCD. Only bleach kills the virus by the way on hard surfaces.

Christowkid
    Free Member

I've have had cold after cold, continously sine early November. Went to the doc's early December as started wheezing and non stop coughing and told it was viral hypersensitivity. Went and saw 'my' doc in early January cos it was still the same, and had continued colds. Last weekend coughed continually ~ 36hours until chest spasmed. That really hurt! Off to see the doc's! Now the antibiotics are kicking in and though chesty, am loosing the wheeze. Until now in my life I've not been asthsmatic ( an old git! ) so it seems viruses messing with my tubes.
    Obviously haven't got serious issues as some posters here, but….. when it's cold after cold with maybe feeling half good in between, it is now impacting on my life. Only ~ 6-8 short rides since early November, so fitness is poo, other activities stuggling cos of lack of fitness, friends no longer take the pee about 'another cold', even they are now concerned!
    Thank goodness for antibiotics and inhalers!
    Never realised how debilitating colds can be, when one after another.
    Never realised what/how loosing a basic low level of fitness impacted on all aspects of life. Hopefully am on the way up now.

Hope friends up there with serious issues start on the road to recovery soon…… at least it isn't good riding weather yet!
    Roll on everyone getting back on a bike
    Best wishes to all
    cheers
    Q

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else ill and can't ride :-(’ is closed to new replies.