Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Anyone else having problems with Chain Reaction?
  • discbrakediva
    Free Member

My better half ordered a seat, cassette and some 5 10's from Chain Reaction 10 days ago, and was told they were dispatched on Thursday last week. Now Tuesday and still no sign of any of the above. Cash has been taken from bank account. Not answering emails or phone. Just wondered if anyone else has had any bother (anytime I've ordered they've always been very good) or if anyone from Chain Reaction reads this can you please get in touch; ruthvet@hotmail.com. Thanks

superdan

you anywhere near any postal strikes? I ordered some stuff last week which took 6 days to turn up rather than the usual 2

AlasdairMc

Bouht lights from them 3 years ago and delivery was delayed and appalling.

Bought spokes last month, three days from order to delivery.

Rotor ordered yesterday night, shipped today so will hopefully arrive tomorrow.

So no recent issues for me

PePPeR

superdans probably right, I had no end of stuff go misssing during the last postal strike!

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I use CRC a lot. In the fairly rare occasion of there being a problem, they have always sorted it out. It sometimes takes a day or two to get an email response.

garyfisher
    Free Member

I'm also having problems – ordered a cassette 2 weeks ago. It's not turned up. Emailed 5 days ago, no reply as yet. Emailed again this morning. Will let you know when I have a reply.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

I ordered some forks yesterday morning. I needed a brake adaptor but didn't know which one. I asked them to supply as appropriate. 2 hours later they rang up to advise that they'd found the right one and check that the price was acceptable, and the forks were going in the post. Pretty damned good I'd say.

therevokid
    Free Member

been having an e-mail conversation with them over the SRAM powerlink
    recall – it only started when I asked them what they were going to
    do, now I keep getting replacement (wrong btw) ones sent while they
    wait for the corrected version from the importers. I now have 7
    complete sets of links !!!

GolfChick
    Free Member

i think its all down to postage issues atm, i ordered two things off wiggle and they took over a week to arrive too. They have gotten slack lately on the whole 'if you order before 1pm we'll send it that day' motto tho

foxyrider
    Free Member

Try emailing Andy Boss Man : Andy@chainreactioncycles.com – he does read STW posts now and agin. I have ordered a few things in the last week with no problems – I would blame the Post myself most of teh time when things don't turn up IMHO.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

24 hours for some bars to arrive, no problems even with the local PO strikes!!

Speshpaul

To be fair to CRC, they are busy, they're always busy.
    Probably lots of parcels from them sitting at the back of RM storage depots, (1st in last out) and lots of customers calling and emailling CRC with the same requests.
    If CRC have taken the money from your card then they have probably sent your stuff.
    Your parcel isn't lost in the post until its missing for 14 days. It could take the RM several weeks to clear the back log.
    I'm sure you'll get a satisfactory answer out of CRC, as they work through the list.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

discbrakediva

Looks like you have spoken to one of my team today, looking at the order it has not left, I will be looking into why, though we are MEGA busy this week, though order from last week should have been fine.

Who or where did the information about being dispatched come from, keen to find that one out?

Just made a call and think I know the reason for the delay…….apologies.

I am chasing it now and hope to post again soon to state it has shipped.

Andy.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Discbrakediva

update for you.

Order has shipped. Should be with you on Friday.

Sincere apologies for the delay.

Andy.

tragically1969
    Free Member

I had a similar one last week, always been very impressed with CRC and never had any issues, got an email last tusday saying my stuff had left and it arrived this tuesday, no problem just a litte weird and our of the ordinary.

abductee
    Free Member

I've had a few problems wrong part sent / clothing sizes abnormal and they have always sorted them out to my satisfaction but their communication, particularly in regard to returns stinks. I have been waiting and wondering whether my return has been refunded/replaced so that I can order the right size and they have refunded but not told me. I then have to pester them to get an answer. If they sent an automatic email to let me know the outcome of a return like all other companies do then they wouldn't get pestered and would have more time to sort out real problems. Take a lesson from Amazon. Their returns system is outstanding.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Andy at CRC seems a bloody nice chap 😀

AlasdairMc

My rotor arrived today. 2 out of 3 orders fulfilled successfully, so I'll probably shop there again in future.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Thanks silverpigeon 😀

andrewh
    Free Member

Gave up on CRC a long time ago, their record for dealing with warrenty returns is shocking. Wiggle much nicer.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Andrewh

would be interested to hear about the issues you had.

Please email me if not too much trouble, thanks.

Andy.

puddlejumper
    Free Member

Ordered something last Saturday (before Bank Holiday) arrived this morning, so no problems here.

mrelectric

This year I've bought a lot from CRC recently with only one 1 days delay on one order. Well pleased over all.

Del

i've found Andy a massively useful force in resolving any issues i've ever had. thoroughly nice chap and very, very efficient. considering teh volume of trade crc must do they are very good at it.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Ordered some XT shifters yesterday, they arrived this morning, usual good service and cheaper the wiggle by a bit. 😀

Iceman
    Free Member

kingkongsfinger – Member
    Ordered some XT shifters yesterday, they arrived this morning, usual good service and cheaper the wiggle by a bit.

You just need a Scott Spark now 😛

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I had an o/s order with some out of stock items I took a gamble on coming in. Received part of the order, rest is still showing OOS. Email to cancel the lot, reply in the hour, confirmed reasons. Never had to send anything back before so impressed with the efficiency 🙂

Never, ever had a problem, apart from stuff go missing in the post, which happens. Even then, instant refunds or offer of replacements. Very efficient!

garyfisher
    Free Member

Still no parts – which were 'sent' by CRC on 14th August and no reply to either of 2 emails I sent to CRC. Phone lines engaged this morning. Just sent a message to Andy@CRC to see if he can help.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Garyfisher

That should be sorted, Royal Mail issue, major delay or package lost?

Anyway YGM.

Andy.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else having problems with Chain Reaction?’ is closed to new replies.