Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone else have a pre work ride this morning?
  • Jezkidd
    Free Member

Up at 5:45 for a 6:30 meet and a swift two hour spin.

Anyone else? Commuters don’t count unless there’s significant amounts of off road

AndyP
    Free Member

hmm…foaming at the mouth on a threshold test around 05:20. Followed by a change of clothing/bikes and into work. Breakfast didn’t touch the sides

Mister-P
    Free Member

Why don’t commuters count? It is all riding, just because I am heading somewhere doesn’t make my riding any less valid.

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Yes why dont commuters count that sort of snobbish attitude really gets me mad, some of the best rides I have ever had have been commute rides. I rode home from work at 3 this morning it was very foggy and spooky. I rode a 2 mile section of fire road through a pine forest and 2 miles on a cycle track through the fields. I bet I enjoyed my ride just as much as you but without the superior feeling. Wind your neck in FFS

ozzybmx
    Free Member

Easy man , i reckon what he wants is “who goes for a proper mtb run before work”

Hes not taking anything away from the commuters , he just doesnt want to hear about a 3 mile shit trek through traffic .

theflatboy
    Free Member

Wind your neck in FFS

blimes, relax buddy!

ozzybmx
    Free Member

it was very foggy and spooky

Just because it scared the pants off you …. no need to take it out on someone else 😯

barca
    Free Member

Surely, please God surely the angst filled rants about the validity of cycle commutes as ‘proper rides’ are very definitely tongue in cheek, aren’t they?
    Even this toxic filled website can’t have sunk that low 🙂

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

I commute. It’s normally 90% off road, and this morning I started my “summer” route which is just two minutes longer and 100% off road. Right through sandy Surrey Heath with a 500ft descent Whoo… Stopped to watch the herons on the fishing lakes. (Smoke on the Water..), and scared a couple of deer. Lovely.

Problem is it’s only 10KM. I get to work and want to ride straight back!

phiiiiil

I couldn’t be bothered riding the road way in with the fog, so went a scenic way across Cannock Chase… I took a route I’ve used in the other direction before, but discovered this morning that (a) it’s far better in the “morning” direction and (b) bone dry trails are truly the most awesome things in the known universe!

Even better, it’s about 90% off-road instead of about 20% but only takes about ten minutes longer (’tis more knackering, mind!). Woot woot.

druidh
    Free Member

What’s work?

UncleFred
    Free Member

Did an hour on the Darkside bike, out and back 5 little hills each way, steepest is about 150feet long but hits 28%. Hammered up the mile long 14% average climb to my house.

Saweeet

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else have a pre work ride this morning?’ is closed to new replies.