Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Anyone else have a great ride today … Sorry, roadie content…..
  • MoreCashThanDash

Went out with a mate this morning with no real plans. Was a bit nippy at 8.30, feeling a bit tired after a later night than planned.

Ended up banging out a fraction short of 50 miles at a (for me) faster pace than usual. Soon reached a pleasant sunny 20 degrees in lovely sunshine. Explored an area we don’t know that well and found an excellent deli cafe open opposite one we’ve used on audax rides that was shut on Sundays. It even stocked a wine called “Rouleur”.

And home for lunch. Now ceasing up poolside watching LittleMissMC swim far more confidently at training than she has for weeks.

If only it wasn’t Monday tomorrow…..

legspin
    Free Member

Bloody roadies… clear off.

ps I might have a road bike now :O

rOcKeTdOg

Not riding until 5, I’m sure there’ll be beer 🙂

Bregante

Yep. Did a solo 45 miles around some stunning Cheshire back lanes that I’ve never ridden before. Home and showered by 11.30 and football in the park with the youngest this afternoon. Lovely.

oli31
    Free Member

Was supposed to be doing Laggan Enduro but found a couple of broken spokes while loading the bike up, quick change out of baggies and into lycra and out for a 100 miler including up to Cairngorm railway and Bridge of Brown. Lovely day for it, dry, not too cold or windy and quiet roads very happy
    : )

RustySpanner

Pootle through to Reedley Marina for a coffee.
    Saw deer and a Kingfisher – both less than a mile from the centre of Burnley.
    Met up with mates and their new baby in Thomson park.

I love Sundays.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Was out yesterday all day (offroad) but got clearance for 1 hour on the road bike this am so jumped on the mtb and rode with some mates for a good 3 hours.

And I got away with it as well!

Sandwich

A shifty 50km home as I’m nominally on call today. I seem to have got away with it!

Haze

Road race cancelled so had a ‘free’ day, a steady spin out to RAF Cosford with a couple of club mates. About 55 easy miles with cake, was a nice change to ride out and enjoy the weather without racing the average on the Garmin.

Tracey

Was out on Cutgate, first ride out since our Alps trip. Felt a bit tame but still great to be back out. Was also very dry considering the rain we had last week

theotherjonv

40-odd miles and close on 3000ft of climbing over the N Downs and Surrey Hills from Woking to Cranleigh. Plus some lovely old cars on their way to a classic car show, most of which passed us beautifully, only a few dicks.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Me and my buds did a 55miler going to the Surrey hills 3500 + foot of climbing….
    I get home, shower , lunch
    Then out with my little boy and his mates on my fat bike doing the local trails

Perfect Sunday for me!!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

57 miles from Wolvo to Blithfield Razza and back, spied what looks to be a great little cafe on a quiet country road just the other side (High Ash Country Store), so will be back, watched the British MTB XC champs at Cannock Chase on the way back, those top boys were flying.

The red tyres are to match the red drink 😀

pffft so much for sports mode!

MoreCashThanDash

Woah! Can we all back up here!

Legspin has a road bike? 😯

edhornby

Mrs Ed and the kids in the car, me riding the 30 miles from Whitefield through Eccles, Lymm then the lanes to other side of Northwich to get to mum and dads for Sunday lunch, properly razzed it all the way 🙂 great weather and lots of waves from all the other cyclists out today.

Makes me happy to see people on bikes

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ey proper days riding wasn’t it.

Since I’m in Town at the mo’ I brought the CX’er up for some Hacking and Hack I did.

Yesterday I hacked up Lee Valley canal to Enfield then scuttled off to Epping and a few loops of a well worn trails, then back down the canal home. Flat Chat 😀
    Today, for a change, I did the same thing, but didn’t turn right to Epping, no I carried on to Hertord, then hacked right on back again.
    Beautiful.
    Just been out to Canvey Island Nature reserve with a big pair of binoculars Bird Watching 8)

I agree, tomorrow should be Sunday v2

Vortexracing

Yeah nice, 40 miles on the road bike but a cracker yesterday on the MTB around Grizedale.

Summer is here !!!!

globalti
    Free Member

Great solo 26 mile ride yesterday from home to Whalley and thence up the Padiham Greenway to visit fomer neighbours where we used to live in Burnley then back via Ightenhill (a half mile of gravel track for the Roubaix) back through Whalley and up the Nab, which gets 8/10 in 100 Best Climbs.

Out again this afternoon for a faster 26 miler with my son and a neighbour, over Jeffrey Hill and down to the cyclists’ cafe in Chipping for tea and cake, then a fast blast back through Chaigley and Whalley and home up Painter Wood.

Life’s great, especially when you’re fit enough to enjoy the climbs and blast the downhills.

iainc

A lovely 75 miles from home, including the Strathaven 50. Great weather, good country roads, superb cake stops. Top event 😀

ton

35 mile cafe ride with the good lady. to a cafe i have never visited before.
    Birkin fishing pond cafe…….well worth a visit.

kimbers

Got to woburn a bit later than planned (missus fault opening the wine last night)
    Met a mate of qa mate and joined with their group for a brief but intense 20k, made me push a lot harder than if I’d been pootling along solo, then back home b4 taking the kids out to Rushmere forest park for goblin hunting and icecreams
    Pretty good day all in the end

kimbers

Oh and my ride was off road!

legspin
    Free Member

Yup indeed, it’s left hand drive though, only to be used on the continent…

allfankledup

Funny to see Iainc doing the strathaven 50 – was up at 6 (with the mrs and kids) to deliver herself to the 50miler, running as a part of the relay team. Lumpy first leg apparently and a warmer day than we’re used to of late.

Rugby training for the lad, then out on the cx bike for a quick spin with a mate – trying to recover from mileage earlier this week.

Currently watching a chunk of aircraft carrier get towed past the house….

TiRed

A nice 100 km through the Surrey lanes, well four lanes on the Alford road race circuit at a not to shabby 42 km/hr. All good until 99 km, when a big crash spoiled the party. Bike and me escaped unhurt. But what lovely weather.

iainc

allfankledup – Member
    Funny to see Iainc doing the strathaven 50 – was up at 6 (with the mrs and kids) to deliver herself to the 50miler, running as a part of the relay team. Lumpy first leg apparently and a warmer day than we’re used to of late.

…….must say, looked tough for the runners, a very uppy downy route and did get quite warm by midday. Well done 😀

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup, nice road spin out in North Wales with a great friend.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else have a great ride today … Sorry, roadie content…..’ is closed to new replies.