Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Anyone else got kids that are too big?
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Bought my just turned 10yr old daughter some age 13-14 jeans this week that only just fit her (tall and skinny big, not McDonalds big like me), they won’t last the year.

Took my 4yr old to the bike shop today to get him a new helmet, and we’ve come home with an adult one 😯

iainc

is the key in your user name ?

are you Shrek ?

😆

Our 5 yrs old often wers his big brothers (8 yr old) stuff and it fits him !!

heywayne
    Free Member

Yep – with you there.

My wife and I are quite tall (she – 5ft 11, me 6ft 7), so our boy was never going to be small, but he’s 2yrs 4 months now, and wearing clothes with sizes for 3-4 yr olds.

He’s just moved into size 9 shoes too (kids I hasten to add).

His uncle (my b-i-l), is 6ft 5, with hands like shovels and sized 16 feet.

“Normal” sized we ain’t.

Upside is that I should be able to get him a tag-along bike sooner than the manufacturers would have you believe.

thegreatape
    Free Member

is the key in your user name ?

Probably!

are you Shrek ?

Don’t think so, I’ve got a beard.

thegreatape
    Free Member

2yrs 4 months, he should be ok for a balance bike, I’m sure Sam was on his about that age.

sssimon
    Free Member

yeah we were just saying last night that next week when your wee boy tuns two he’ll be wearing the right size of clothes for his age for the first time, queue this morning and the age 2-3 trousers dangling above his ankles

shorts for the rest of the summer then, where’s my scissors……

Harry_the_Spider

My 20 month old daughter is massive.

heywayne
    Free Member

thegreatape – Member
    2yrs 4 months, he should be ok for a balance bike, I’m sure Sam was on his about that age.

He’s got a little bike already – 14″ I think. The tag-along is for me to be able to take him cross-country out rather than in the trailer which inhibits us to roads pretty much.

Been looking at the balance bikes, but is it worth it if he has a bike already? (sorry to go off thread)

chriswilk
    Free Member

my 11yr old – she needs 13yr clothes for the length, but then the waist is twice what hers is. Looks like adult “petite” clothing from now on

molgrips
    Free Member

Our kid is 2 years and almost 3 months old. She weighs 20kg or 3st2lbs, and is 98cm tall. She wears 4 year old clothes.

She was 10kg at 6 months old…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Been looking at the balance bikes, but is it worth it if he has a bike already?

Not if he can ride his other one, and even if he can’t yet, probably still not worth spending more money on – some people just take the pedals off normal bikes I think.

HTS – must be something in your water, even that rabbit is massive.

TooTall
    Free Member

My wife and I are quite tall (she – 5ft 11, me 6ft 7)

I’m the same height as you – Mrs TT is only 5’9″ so we expect Ms TT to sprout up fairly quickly too.

Then again, adult clothing sizes are all bolleaux too – I’m a 7XL in some cycling clothing!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

It’ll be the steroids and growth hormones in the meat…

My Mum 5’3 and Dad 5’9 and me 6ft 1 and I’m happy and ny taller would do my back in on the hardtail.

We’re all different.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

My wife is 5’8″, I’m 5’10. My 7 year old is 5 foot. He has size 5 feet. His bike helmet is a adult medium.

If he gets any taller, the primary school uniform won’t fit him.

Freak.

emac65
    Free Member

Yes, my lads(18 & 17) are 6’1″ & 6’3″,both in 6th form.You wanna try keeping those two fed ! Also have an 11yr old daughter who is 5’4″ & growing up far too quickly for my liking 😯

miketually
    Free Member

My eldest is 8 next month but has been in age 9-10 school uniform all year. Despite being one of the youngest in her school year, she’s one of the tallest. Bought her some size 3 trainers a couple of weeks ago.

She’s bloody heavy too, but it’s all muscle; she’s ripped.

carbon337
    Free Member

my daughter is 6 months and we have trouble with her fitting 3-6 months clothing as she is still just tiny.

people bough 3-6 months clothes when she was born and most are still in packets.

So quite the opposite of everyone here.

wwaswas

My nephew was 12lb when he was born.

He’s continued to be a 99th percentile sized child for the last 11 years.

He’s feckign huge.

Sometimes it’s difficult because you expect him to have the emotional and intelectual maturity of his body size and then you realise he’s probably 3-4 years behind that.

My son is 14 and nearly as tall as me (I’m 6’1″).

Is there something in the water these days?

mark_b
    Free Member

Mine aren’t ‘too big’ – they’re the right size considering the gene pool that went into making them.

Having said that i’m tall (6’7″) and my wife isn’t which suggest the height genes at least were dominant when we mixed them all together 🙂

MartinGT
    Free Member

My 12 year old nephew has size 13 feet and is almost as tall as me (5’9″) and the best, he loves his sport 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

Don’t think so, I’ve got a beard.

are you hagrid off harry potter??

my nephew is nearly 19 now but since 13 he’s been over 6 foot(slouched). standing straight he is now 6’4″ odd considering his dad’s 5’10” and his mum’s 5’2″. his younger sister is getting as tall as him and she’s not even 15 yet.
    i gave him a bike for his 14th birthday, and within 2 weeks he had bent the saddle rails, seatpost, buckled the rear wheel, trashed the rear tyre and bust the bottom bracket. the thing looked like it had been hit by a bus… then again it was a cheap and nasty halfords special….good job i didnt get him a decent one or he would have done the same to that probably…the boys a monster!!

ourmaninthenorth

my daughter is 6 months and we have trouble with her fitting 3-6 months clothing as she is still just tiny.

We’ve got one of those. 10 months old, and plenty of clothes are in the 6 month range. Weight is 9th centile, height is something like the 2nd centile.

But I’m only 5’7″, and Mrs North is 4’10”.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Our lad is tall – age 4 and wearing age 6 clothes, does work against them sometimes as people expect them to be doing things that they cant

mudshark
    Free Member

My son has just turned one and is 98th percentile for length but only 91st for weight – that makes him as heavy as an average 18mth old though. My wife’s only 5’2″, not sure if she’s really the mother….

yunki
    Free Member

My son is 1 3/4.. people ask far too often if he’s at school yet.. 😯

me and mrs yunki are both slim and under 5’8..

speckledbob
    Free Member

My brothers lad is 16 and 6’10”. He’s still growing. God help us he’s a monster.

wwaswas

Speckledbib – if he really is that tall then I’d talk to gp – you need make sure he doesn’t have any hormonal issues.

heywayne
    Free Member

Just reminded of how LadyWayne used to get a hard time from the health visitor because our boy was quite literally “off the chart” when it came to height/weight in the early months. Started to get to her after a while. Midwife suggested I go with her the next time. I did, and hey presto, the inquisitions stopped after the health visitor saw the stock from which he’d came. Brother-in-law had same experience.

MoreCashThanDash

I’m smack on average height but my 8 year old is into age 11-12 stuff, my daughter is 4 and starting school in September in age 6-7 year old dresses!

MrOvershoot

One of my suppliers reps was 6’11” & his wife was 6’4″ !!!

Guess what their kids are “slightly tall”

At 6’3″ I used to feel a bit short when talking to him 😮

M6TTF
    Free Member

My son has just turned one and is 98th percentile for length but only 91st for weight – that makes him as heavy as an average 18mth old though. My wife’s only 5’2″, not sure if she’s really the mother….

Almost identical – 98th height, 92nd weight

sweepy
    Free Member

They just dont smoke like they used to

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else got kids that are too big?’ is closed to new replies.