Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone else got a "snow day" today?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Road outside looked very dodgy first thing. Kids school also closed so it looks like another day on the sledges!!

wwaswas

I work at home and feel very disadvantaged in this respect.

Who can I sue?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

me plus 3 year old!

ton

rode in, 6 miles on the canal……i was the 1st tracks. 8)

got to work, and 2 drivers could not get their vans out of their streets.
    pathetic!!!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Working from home, all staff are enabled to do so after BT ferked up a simultaneous install and cut us off for 4 weeks, so suppose some good came of it!

It also means more time to play on STW!! 😀

Scapegoat

We’ve had a bit. There are two steps down into the garden from this door.

teethgrinder

100mm of snow overnight in Prudhoe and still falling. Not sure a 45 mile trip to Barnard Castle is wortth the risk, so on the work laptop at home.

Drac

We still have some left from the Weekend and it’s now just starting again across at Alnwick. Like I’ve said on the other thread the roads are all clear but they’ve shut every school but one, I’m off today anyway so in a bit off sledging.

the-muffin-man

Yep – tried to get over Matlock this morning but my car was sliding and spinning out of Matlock and there’s no way I was going to attempt Slack Hill (very long and very steep hill for those not from these parts!).

Turned around and drove home – working on laptop now. May go sledging later.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Main road is now a lot better but all the surrounding estate roads are very dicey! Off for a play in the scoob in a bit too 8)

jonba
    Free Member

BLizzard in Newcastle, I’m on the 1st floor so not worried yet.

Supposed to be driving to Spadeadam tomorrow – my colleague still wants to go (French, lives in pyrenees before newcastle) and is trying to find chains – I’m less convinced.

weeksy

you’d think so by the number of people in the office !!!!

jfletch
    Free Member

My soft roader did very well in the 1ft we’ve had so far but unfornately the other muppets didn’t fare so well. Turned round as I didn’t want to waste 4 hrs on the road.

No wasting time at home due to VPN issues and a useless 3 day SLA from the IT provider to fix it. Don’t you just love outsourcing!

br
    Free Member

Scapegoat – you need a ‘porch’ or the like for that.

And near Melrose, 6″ and snow falling.

bowie278
    Free Member

Off work today anyway so I feel cheated 🙁

Sandwich

Not for me, a slow but steady 1:35 to get in to the office.

PMK2060

10 mile off road commute today on the trans pennine trail. For the first 5 miles mine were the only tracks. Usually takes me less than 40 minutes but it took me 75 minutes today although i spent 5 minutes redirecting 2 very pretty polish ladies who had lost their bearings.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else got a "snow day" today?’ is closed to new replies.