Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Anyone else "going commando" today?
  • Kit
    Free Member

I discovered when I got to work today that I'd forgotten a change of clothes 🙁

Luckily(!) I had left my shirt from yesterday, and my trousers and shoes are always here, so that left the problem of socks and pants. Cycling socks are, fotunately, black (they were white yesterday, not a good look with a suit) however I wasn't going to wear my padded lycra for the whole day so here I am feeling feeling refreshingly 'unrestricted' 😯

Ahhhhh… 8)

tim41
    Free Member

*waves*

My restocking of my locker at work has got a bit out of sync. Like you, no undercrackers this morning 😆
    The other week it was no shirt. My Gore jersey is reasonably smart, and was clean on and mud free. Fortunately no meetings or visiting clients that day 😕

juan
    Free Member

Not today but happens to me on the regular basis for about the same reason.

samuri
    Free Member

I'm always a bit paranoid about this happening so I've always got a spare pair of crackers and socks in my work drawer and will bring a pair of each in with me when I ride. I normally leave a t-shirt in work too.

Anyway, what do you mean white socks with a suit aren't a good look?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think it's something to do with the clocks going back. Left my clothes at home on monday morning, so had an extra ride back to get them. Then left my house keys at work in the evening, and forget I left the bike outside yesterday morning.

mafu26
    Free Member

Yeah happpened to me on monday. Thought I had everything sorted, actually managed to get round to washing all my shirts and trousers ready for monday. Something I normally fail to do as chores go out the window over the weekend!
    It suddenly dawned on me when I was rummaging around in my bag that I had indeed bought my clean shirt and trousers but only 'thought' about putting pants and socks in! As I wore seal skins to work I didn't fancy having sweaty feet all day! So it was commando and sockless for me… But it was monday so its ok…

dmiller
    Free Member

I'm always a bit paranoid about this happening so I've always got a spare pair of crackers and socks in my work drawer and will bring a pair of each in with me when I ride. I normally leave a t-shirt in work too.

Ditto – but I seem to have a odd sock in drawer at work. Which is strange… I dont know how I would have lost one and I wouldnt have brought in just one. Im not that daft.

David.

phiiiiil

Emergency Pants – the way forward for both toddlers and people who commute by bike (for different reasons, hopefully!)

tim41
    Free Member

The emergency pants set up doesn't work very well if you forget to restock the day after an emergency, which which seems to happen quite regularly for me.

juan
    Free Member

Emergency Pants – the way forward for both toddlers and people who commute by bike (for different reasons, hopefully!)

I always make sure now I have 3 kit in advance

hora
    Free Member

I had to drop my wet shorts/boxers recently on the side of the NSL due to them both being wet. I timed it so I could drop them and be into my cargo pants sharpesh. Problem is- I got my bigtoe stuck and a car got the full glory of my ass from behind 😳

jacksta
    Free Member

lol, I am having a sock-less day myself, although, being a girl you can gloss over it a bit by wearing strappy shoes 🙂

edit: I'm with Tim41, which probably means I will forget something else tomorrow!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

being a girl you can gloss over it a bit by wearing strappy shoes

Oi, less of the sexism! I'm sure that's a viable option to sex-Kitten :o)

ourmaninthenorth

had to drop my wet shorts/boxers recently

Are you sure you *had* to..? 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I got my bigtoe stuck

that always happens to me when I'm trying a fast change 🙁

hora
    Free Member

The car had already passed before I could turn round and 'wave' at them 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Underwear is over rated.

Junkyard
    Free Member

wonder what Hora would have waved…. feels queasy

I actually managed to leave my locker key at home … had to go to charity shop with only £6 cash for clothes

hora
    Free Member

Underwear is over rated.

I have no choice. Since the day I started wearing button-up flies Ive never done them all up.

juan
    Free Member

mind you i will probably forget to restock my emergency pile
    on an important day too

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

had to go to charity shop with only £6 cash for clothes

that would clothe me head to foot. Twice.

hora
    Free Member

SFB – in secondhand curtains?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

in secondhand curtains?

oh, that was you ??

hora
    Free Member

£6 draped head to foot- its got to be curtains!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

to be fair to SFB shorts and muscle man/wife beater tops cost very little

Kit
    Free Member

Oi, less of the sexism! I'm sure that's a viable option to sex-Kitten :o)

You're right, I look damn good in women's clothes.

hora
    Free Member

Funnily all blokes look 'good' in womens dresses. Its the ones who are actually trying to look good in womens dresses that look terrible 😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

hora – Member

Underwear is over rated.

I have no choice. Since the day I started wearing button-up flies Ive never done them all up.

I've said this before hora, but you are a genius. 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

to be fair to SFB shorts and muscle man/wife beater tops cost very little

FYI my T shirts always have sleeves as I don't have a muscular build…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Since the day I started wearing button-up flies Ive never done them all up

which rather begs the question why you wear them – did you get something trapped in your zip ?

AndyP
    Free Member

this thread reminds me that I haven't worn my fleece trousers for a while. mmmmm…commando in fleece trousers. Hours of fun just standing and swaying gently.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Are they fleecey on the outside too? If so, then why are you wearing babygrows?

Kit
    Free Member

which rather begs the question why you wear them – did you get something trapped in your zip ?

hora, yesterday:

http://www.videodetective.com/photos/185/007803_16.jpg

belgianbob

As a 'release' from being stuck in sweaty shorts at the gym, I too have been 'swinging free' all afternoon. It's lovely!

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else "going commando" today?’ is closed to new replies.