Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone else feel guilty
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

For not riding? Had a week off this week and have rode once a 10 mile mountain bike ride. I thoroughly enjoyed it but I feel guilty for not riding today and the rest of the week. Been more interested in riding my motorbike.
    During a working week I find it hard to get out often but feel better for it. Is it better to go for quality and enjoyable rides rather than going out to top up miles?

poah
    Free Member

no, I cant currently ride as my collar bone is broken. totally bored

coogan
    Free Member

Guilty? Why would you feel guilty about not riding a bike? You didn’t want to do it, so did something else. Simple as.

kayla1
    Free Member

Nah, buggrit. I felt guilty* for not riding my motorcycle and having more fun on my MTB last year. It’s supposed to be fun, so if you’re not having fun do something else! My (motor)bike has been in the garage since then (sale and subsequent re-purchase to stop some numb 17-year-old wrecking it after it came up for sale again within a couple of months notwithstanding) and I just haven’t got the desire or motivation to ride it- I’d rather be out on my MTB 😀

* because I’ve never been rich enough to be able to have £1000 sat in the garage, doing nowt, so I feel such a large purchase should be put to use and get a dose of guilt if it’s not.

mjsmke

I feel guilty if its a nice day and decide not to ride.

As for quality vs quantity; i find I enjoy rides much more while i’m fitter/stronger. If i stop for a few weeks or get injured/ill I don’t enjoy the first few rides while my fitness is low.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah a bit. I’ve been in bed for most of the day with a hangover haha. Got out for an hour on the road bike but would have rather gone mtb’ing on a day like today, it’s really warm out.

rOcKeTdOg

I feel guilty if I miss one day of riding, 10 days? I couldn’t cope with that

pinetree
    Free Member

Totally. Didn’t ride yesterday as the weather was foul down here, but ended up going out last night and have pretty much wasted the entire day today feeling sorry for myself. What a waste of a weekend.
    Still, not back at the office til Tuesday, so will go for a decent ride tomorrow- even if the weather is mingin.

Stainypants

Spending the weekend in Dumfies was planning to ride Mabie today but the weather was appalling. Dont feel too guilty as i got in Kirroughtree black yesterday.

czthompson

I bought a new (to me) motorbike and my riding has dropped off dramatically.. Weighed myself today and it’s bad news, hopefully it’s
    the motivation for cycling!

TimothyD
    Free Member

No offence to anybody who is a happy Catholic, but I left pointless guilt behind when I stopped being a Catholic.

Life’s too short (for pointless guilt).

deadkenny
    Free Member

Never guilty about it as I don’t see riding as some kind of target or goal about my fitness. It’s just a whole pile of fun (if we’re talking off road of course 😉 ) and that’s why I ride.

However I do get bored if not riding and pine for it if I’m stuck inside and see awesome weather outside. Riding to me is just an addiction, not a requirement.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else feel guilty’ is closed to new replies.